Systems Engineer and Data Analyst (Strategic Projects)
Job Title: Systems Engineer and Data Analyst (Strategic Projects)
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: Salary range is indicative and automatically generated by LinkedIn from estimated data
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: 42629
Here at Babcock LGE we are currently looking for a Project Engineer with a background in systems and data to join our New Product Development team. This is a newly created position and a chance for you to not only develop within the role but be part of the team which will have a huge impact on future growth of our business.
If you are ready for a new challenge then this is truly an exciting time to be joining Babcock LGE.
Who we are looking for?
With a strong E&I and Control Systems Engineering background you will be able to perform the high level selection and specification of control, instrumentation and electrical equipment according to design calculations and technical assessment.
You will demonstrate application of the New Product Development (NPD) Process; deliver customer focus and consideration of end-end value in the product / service solution design, promoting business level success and first class commercial performance.
We are looking for someone who is creative in the way they think and is not afraid to challenge the status quo when needed.
What will you be doing?
* Producing concept technical drawings including control and electrical system architecture, single line diagrams, block diagrams, loop and connection diagrams, panels & enclosures, hazardous/safe area plans etc
* You will actively participate in Design Review meetings in accordance with the Engineering Design Governance policy, including contributions to Product Safety systems workshops (HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and LoPA etc.) as required.
* Work collaboratively with Process Engineers to define process control philosophy and plant logic (monitoring and management) requirements early in the design phase, ensuring continued parallel working throughout the project time line.
* Develop and own Cause & Effect Matrix and Functional Design Specification documents, enabling open channel engagement with third party vendors supplying integrated platforms
* Production of illustrative schedules for instruments, I/O modules, utilities etc.
* Set up and maintain automated data processes; manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets - translating into solutions for monitoring and performance management across LGE product portfolio
The experience you'll bring
* You will have competent working knowledge of AutoCAD design software and Instrumentation packages
* Competent working knowledge of Cloud based IT systems and network infrastructure
* Competent working knowledge of programming languages, such as SQL, Oracle and Python
* You will also be able to demonstrate curiosity and the application of continuous professional development
* Demonstrate focus on business sustainability and resilience through the implementation of standards, processes and procedures; update mapping of inputs and outputs between all stakeholders and prepare and maintain 'How-To's to document working practice.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.