Logistic Specialist - Maternity Cover
Manpower is currently looking for experienced Logistics Specialist for our busy manufacturing client based in Liversage. We are looking for candidate to cover maternity leave for minimum of 12 months however it might extent do 18 months.
Hours of work is 37.5 per week, Mon to Fri 8:30am-4:30pm but there is plenty of flexibility.
Salary - DOE between 28-35K
The Logistics Specialist will be primarily concerned with internal stock control and storage as well as supporting outbound/customer distribution.
Candidate will need to be closely linked with the Planning Professional and Purchasing Specialist on-site, as well as our 3PL Warehouse, FLT drivers & Finance team.
A key part of the role is also to lead a strategic project surrounding an analysis of the Logistics Cost Model on-site (space utilisation).
The ideal candidate needs an inquisitive/investigative root cause mindset (TPM), strong SAP/IT skills, and the ability to engage with both Operators and the NLT/Peers confidently in both the office and on the shopfloor.
- Safety & Quality
- Report all near miss and incidents.
- Utilize the daily management system in conjunction with the incident reporting system to resolve safety incidents.
- Support the site in driving improvements in both S & Q, through BBS and other tools
- Internal Stock Control
- Lead the glass inventory management with the team, including investigating discrepancies
- Manage the WIP & FG inventory
- Drive improvements in our stock management/movements/control
- Outbound/Customer Distribution
- POC for 3PL Warehouse regarding logistics queries
- Improve the OTDP/OTDR customer KPIs
- Supporting the management of logistics contracts
- Work with the SC Ldr to eliminate causes of demurrage/additional logistics costs
- Sourcing & Procurement
- This role will grow into supporting the Sourcing and Procurement arena, which may include
- Providing cover for the Purchasing Specialist
- Calling-off materials
- Invoicing queries
- Improvement Projects
- A number of projects will be allocated throughout the year based on the site policy deployment; however, a key element of the role is to assess and suggest how we can improve the utilisation of space on-site, and reduce non-value-added activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- People leadership experience is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and has desire to strengthen this skill set through OC designed approach.
- Strong communication skills, verbally and written.
- Strong drive for results - but not at the detriment of others: One Team/One Company ethic must be strong (Fair player/Team player).
- Ability to organise and prioritise.
- Works well under pressure - ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Results orientated, highly motivated, resourceful with a strong service orientation.
- Actively seeks and acts upon feedback from all levels within the organisation.
- Sensitive to confidential data and integrity.
- Interested in and quick to learn industrial processes.