Employee must have EU passport / Stamp 1G / Stamp 4
Job Type : Permanent
Location- Remote ( must come into office in Limerick an average of once a month)
Sector : IT / Manufacturing
Our client is a market-leading smart grid technology and services company headquartered in Limerick.
Their state-of-the-art systems are designed to provide the fast frequency response services that are needed to facilitate increased integration of renewable energy on the power grid.
The company was recently named the fastest growing technology company in Ireland at the Deloitte Fast 50 Awards in 2019. Our client are also beginning to expand globally, with plans to implement energy system services in a number of other countries.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will take technical ownership of high-level feature requests, and coordinate with a collocated engineering team, in Limerick. You will design and implement features, often spanning multiple components within the backend infrastructure. Core responsibilities include:
- Engineering solutions to a high level of testability, modularity, and maintainability
- Participation in design discussions
- Working independently and as an active participant in an agile software development team
- Bringing a new perspective to the team.
- Participate in DevOps activities
- 2+ years' experience in designing, developing and scaling software applications
- Experience with Cloud-Based (AWS) SDLC including Microservices / Containers / Kubernetes, Web API's
- Our dev environment is Linux based so experience here would be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrable skills in understanding complex ecosystems.
- Understanding of security concepts: encryption, secure application development, defensive programming, software vulnerabilities and exploits, general issues in web security
- Experience in IOT would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with InfluxDB.
- MySQL server experience.
- Event-Driven systems.
- Python experience.