Support Engineer (Application Support)
We are currently recruiting for a Support Engineer (Application Support) to work with our client SAP in Galway or Dublin. The role is remote based initially and will become hybrid in mid-2022. This is a 12-month contract position.
Summary of Job:
As a Support Engineer, you will work directly with Customers using "SAP Cloud for Customers" to solve their technical issues and help customers use SAP's products as expected, in a timely manner and with seamless communication workflow. You will be given trainings and guidelines as how to run "Best in Class" service against Product Support processes. Your key focus will be our customer's satisfaction and you will have a Customer Centric mindset. Your innovative spirit will be encouraged and many good ideas from our Engineers already became success stories in our transformation journey. In this role, a key element is ensuring your adherence to SAP's Core Values and commitment to provide a best of class experience to both our internal/external Customers and colleagues. If you're passionate about success and results driven, this job might be for you.
SAP's key expectations should be fulfilled through the delivery of tasks below:
Success -Commit to the success of customers, partners, colleagues, and SAP
Accountability - Keep your word by executing on commitments made to ourselves and others.
Professionalism - We exhibit professionalism by consistently delivering quality work. Act with integrity, treat others with respect, pursue personal expertise, and execute with discipline.
Integrity - We are honest and fair and take responsibility for all our actions. Treat our customers and co-workers with sincerity and respect.
Teamwork - Take personal initiative in collaborating to achieve success.
So how do you know if you're ready to apply for this role? Surely a "Yes" if,
- You are able to assess, plan and troubleshoot complex issues while collecting information about the customer issue.
- You have proficient English writing skills.
- You want new challenges every morning.
- You do want to make an impact on SAP's success in a highly competitive environment.
We need you to drive SAP Product Support transformation and you will be successful in this role if:
- You are a team player
- You commit to drive best in class service by acting according to Product Support methodologies and best practices
- You are a passionate learner who is motivated to take on challenges - always looking to do things better (both personally, as part of a team and for the company).
- You are capable of prioritizing effectively for Customer's satisfaction sake.
- 1-2 years in similar technical support experience or a talented graduate look to kick-start their career.
- Experience or attracted by working in a strong multicultural environment
- Fluent English
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Business and Technology, or related areas. Equivalent professional experience will be considered
- Knowledge of operating systems (Unix/Windows)
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of cloud application and cloud environments.
- Experience working with an IDE
- Knowledge of Relational Databases
- SAP Fiori/UI5
- SAP Products & Solutions (SAP NetWeaver, SAP Business Suite, SAP BusinessObjects, etc.)
- SSL certificates
- Familiarity with Networking and Connectivity troubleshooting (Proxy, Web Dispatcher, Cloud Environments
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work.