Background and general purpose of position
Ekaterra is the newly established Tea Division of Unilever. The tea division celebrates the expertise and speciality of tea owning and managing brands all around the world. Lipton, Pukka and PG are some of the internationally recognised brands along with local gems such and Ireland's favourite tea, Lyons.
Lyons tea has celebrated the power of Irish connection and conversation for 120 years with tea remaining at the heart of many Irish homes. The Lyons team are focusing on developing and managing engaging communications that will capture hearts ad minds of Irish consumers. Communications, innovations, and long-term projects are all working together to continue to ensure the Lyons remains as Ireland's favourite tea*.
We are now recruiting for an experienced brand manager to cover maternity leave to support and help us on this journey.
This role will focus on Lyons (80% of time) and executing local strategic plans for Pukka (20% of time).
· Manage the execution of brand's 2022 communications campaign.
· Development and execution of the 2023 brand plan (IBP).
· Develop and manage existing portfolio to achieve long-term growth, sales, and profit goals.
· Lead 2023 communication plans across full marketing mix, as well as internal communications.
· Including media & campaign management and local creative development.
· Liaise with the insight teams (cat man & CMC) to assess, evaluate, and report on market and brand activity.
· Work with the Innovation team to bring new launches to market with full support plans.
· Manage and lead the NPD process with cross-functional teams throughout the business.
· Assess and evaluate new opportunities to bring to market.
· Lead artwork changes for limited edition packaging and pack up-grades.
· Liaise with UK colleague for efficiencies and economies of scale.
· Manage relationships with key external partners including agencies and partners.
· Work closely with the Away from Home team to drive brand communications outside of retail and support with front of house opportunities.
· Manage effective budget forecasting and control and develop effective post-campaign and post-launch analyses, recommending optimisations and enhancements.
· Work closely with local Irish CD team and the wider UK marketing team ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ireland commercial team
- UKI Marketing team
- Innovation team
- Global teams incl. Brand Managers, Marketing Managers, and Directors
- R&D, Finance and Supply Chain teams
- Wider CCD, Cat Man, Shopper and Sales teams
- UKI leadership team
Degree or equivalent preferred plus 3-5 years' experience in brand/product management (including product launch, volume planning, business case development, customer sell-in) and developing and executing marketing programs in multiple communication platforms. Excellent competencies in marketing, digital, program development and implementation. Must be a strategic thinker with strong financial acumen who is comfortable applying insights and articulating them to stakeholders.
Must have strong influence and negotiation skills and be comfortable interacting with a matrix organisation including multiple stakeholders and to external teams. Excellent project management skills, and experience in leading project teams/squads and outside agencies.
· Hybrid working, office based minimum 40% of time
· Some travel is expected (mainly in Ireland and UK) approx. 5-10% of the time