Senior Site Manager - Structural Steel
- Manpower Ireland
- 27 Jul 2022
- 24 Aug 2022
- Alicia Matuszkiewicz
- Construction, Engineering
- Job Type
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Management of Installation of Steelwork Projects
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Responsible for all site aspects of small to medium sized steel projects with an indicative value of between €250,000 - €1m. The work covers bridge to portal frame installations in Ireland and the UK.
- Working with the steel fabrication unit in delivering all projects safely, on time and within budget.
- Day to Day management of various projects - direction and co-ordination of all site activities carried out by the company and its sub-contractors, with particular focus on health and safety, planning, programming, and co-ordination with the company's off-site activities
- On-site management and control of the company's site operations, both of in-house and sub-contracted activities
- Day-to-day monitoring, recording and documentation of the company's site activities including compilation of site progress reports
- Preparation of risk assessments, method statements, site programmes and weekly tracker reports
- Co-ordinating the structural steel package from initial concept stage through the construction and completion phases
- Overseeing various projects concurrently
- Ensure senior management are kept updated with site progress and commercial issues
- Travel to the UK will be required.
- Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Never Harm Programme
- Undertake any reasonable duties expected of you
- Carry out all work in accordance with health and safety and any other legal requirements
- Ensure compliance with the Company policies and procedures
- Manage the performance of all employees assigned to you in accordance with legislation and company procedures
- Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management
- Participate and engage fully in company appraisal/performance review processes and constantly work to improve your individual, your team and the wider group's performance.
* Attend client engagement events for equivalent level customer feedback
* Involvement in Business Improvement Initiatives
Necessary skills and experience:
* Strong knowledge of steel construction methods with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a management role.
* Experience in the planning and programming of steel work (and associated packages) installation
* Experience in the erection of the steel structures and operations.
* The ability to prioritise multiple concurrent projects under stringent time, quality, and budgetary constraints.
* Working knowledge of BIM packages such as Tekla and StruWalker an advantage.
* Programming techniques, project controls, risk analysis, contract admin, procurement, cost, claims.
* Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
* Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others
- 3rd level qualification in structural/civil/mechanical engineering with knowledge of the steel industry.
- Candidate with suitable industry experience will be considered. This role offers excellent advancement opportunities.
- All roles are expected to have the relevant competency skills cards - Valid Safe Pass & Manual Handling
- Full driving license
- Candidate must have valid visa to work in Ireland (Stamp 1G/Stamp 4/EU Passport)