Calibration & Maintenance Technician
6 days left
Calibration & Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Department require a Calibration & Maintenance Technician to cover off all areas of calibration activities in GWWO. To include but not limited to following on site calibration site master plan, Health and safety, CMMS updating,
Calibration is a process that demonstrates a particular instrument or device produces results within specified limits, as compared to those produced by a traceable standard over an appropriate range of measurements.
The GWWO Calibration & maintenance technician will also be responsible for the daily maintenance readings for the GWWO critical systems like HVAC, Clean Utilities and Black utilities.
Maintenance responsibilities to cover off all areas of preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance, and air filter systems testing repair work in a GMP manufacturing facility within the Grifols business in its Dublin headquarters in Grange castle.
- Perform various complex duties classified as moderate inclusive of calibration, maintenance and repairs of tools and equipment in line with established SOP's.
- Document calibration process and prepare reports, as required.
- Perform calibration and approve products and accessories that meet tolerances and product specifications.
- Manage repair and calibration of assessment tools and measurement of equipment inclusive of general purpose.
- Administer all calibration methods and procedures.
- Manage workload to achieve production schedules and ensure completion within timeframe.
- Coordinate schedule with production departments for internal customers.
- Prepare all documentation applicable for various assignments
- Monitor and complete all business tasks within timeframe and ensure optimal quality.
- Develop all reports and certificates pertaining to calibration.
- Perform inspection and calibrate all tooling equipment with help of electronic and pressure equipment and ensure accuracy.
- Assist various departments to resolve and repair of equipment which determine precision.
- Gather and document the data records related to calibration.
- During periods where calibration is not scheduled the candidate will work within the packaging maintenance team performing preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- To have regular documented meeting with the Maintenance manager to update on the progress of the calibration site master plan.
- To ensure that paperwork is correctly filled out and that all issues reported are logged correctly and relevant work orders are updated on SAP calibration module and SAP PM where maintenance works has taken place.
- Be familiar with the relevant SOP's relating to the maintenance department and where applicable develop SOP's related to the calibration activities in GWWO.
- To drive a culture of safe system of work
- To assist the calibration & maintenance supervisors in the planning and implementation of the GWWO maintenance calibration plan for all calibration related tasks. Including liaising with GWWO departments to arrange suitable times for calibration in advance.
- Ensuring calibration equipment is calibrated on a required timeframe and that all equipment on the site calibration master plan is calibrated with only equipment accurately able to do so.
- Ensuring completed calibrations are recorded accurately in the SAP calibration module.
- Responsible for the preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of packaging lines, process filling lines facilities, utilities & plant equipment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and GMP during maintenance work, including maintaining the workshops and spare part storage areas in an organised and tidy condition at all time.
- To participate in all training and assessment activities related to the position e.g GMP training, equipment technical training, Health & Safety requirements and undertake additional tasks as assigned by the maintenance manager or maintenance supervisor.
- Continuous improvement of production processes equipment, by identifying and implementing improvement projects that will improve the operating effectiveness of equipment.
- Respond to out of hours calls and emergencies as part of an on-call roster within the maintenance department (weekends and bank holidays as part of a roster, typically 1 weekend in 12).
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Responsible for the day to day updating of SAP with the relevant work orders and the correction information relating to preventative, corrective and reactive maintenance tasks.
Equipment to be calibrated are but not limited to:
- Temperature probes
- Weight scales
- Pressure equipment
- Measuring tools
- Flow rate
- Senior trade qualification and at least 7 years post qualification experience.
- Senior trades qualification in Mechanical or Electrical discipline essential. Instrumentation qualification.
- Calibration training or previous experience in calibration within a GMP environment
- Computer literate to ECDL with experience of CMMS systems
- Instrumentation calibration experience in a GMP or regulated environment.
- Experience in manufacturing plant equipment & process equipment (HVAC, process equipment,)
- Ability to understand maintenance related tasks
- SAP PM experience (desirable but not essential)
- Clear understanding of vision systems, Cognex, Systec is advantageous.
- Understanding of the production of purified water is advantageous.
- Understanding of the filtered air systems within the graded environment and testing to include. Smoke testing, DOP testing, Lux readings and particulate readings.
- Experience in the use of SAP
The job requires you to work effectively in a team environment. You must have a strong attention to detail, the ability to follow procedures, and superior oral and written communication skills.
You should be a critical thinker who is able to apply innovative solutions to complex problems. The most successful technicians also have an aptitude for math, technical writing ability and advanced knowledge of computer-controlled automatic testing equipment.
While much of the job entails sitting, some standing, and bending is required along with the unassisted lifting of equipment up to 45 pounds. Good vision and hand-eye coordination are essential.
Apply for Calibration & Maintenance Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly