Production Operative - Evening Shift
ManpowerGroup Ireland is currently recruiting Evening Shift Production Operatives for our client MSA Safety based in Ballybrit Business Park, Galway. Mine Safety Appliances, or MSA Safety Incorporated, is an American manufacturer of safety products and special equipment to protect workers exposed to a variety of hazardous conditions in several industries!
MSA Safety has been protecting the lives of others for over 100 years! Recognised for their market leading innovation, many MSA products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems, and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations.
The company's comprehensive product line is used by workers around the world in a broad range of markets, including the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, the fire service, the construction industry, mining, and the military. Their key mission is that men and women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world.
With 2017 revenues of $1.2 billion, MSA employs approximately 4,700 people worldwide. MSA has manufacturing operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, and Latin America with more than 40 international locations.
What’s on Offer?
- Top of the market remuneration package.
- Working for a company that helps to save lives on the daily basis.
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with an extremely low staff turnover rate
- Being part of an organization that has Corporate Social Responsibility to it’s core, 37% of MSA Executives are diverse, they donated $1.1 million to charities in 2021, and recycled 1,166 Metric Tons of Material last year.
Monday - Thursday 14:30- 23:00
Friday 14:30- 22:00
23-month contracts on offer to candidates.
- Component preparation
- Follow all manufacturing assembly aids and procedures
- Adhere to GMP
- Light mechanical assembly work
- Preparation and testing of Printed Circuit Boards
- Functional testing of assembled boards/ units and recording of test results
- Cross-training and upskilling in multi functions across Manufacturing Cells
- Operation and scheduled maintenance of equipment
- Hand Soldering and population of SMT/ THM components on Printed Circuit Boards
- Electronic testing and performance verification
- Participation in Cell 6S activities
- Recording or logging of all relevant data at the specified stages, where required, in the process.
- To be flexible and supportive to all other employees and departments.
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety policies and procedures
Duties relate to existing products and processes in addition to new products and processes which the company may introduce from time to time.
- Experience working in a manufacturing role
- Demonstrated aptitude for mechanical/ process related concepts
- Prior job roles involving product assembly and test
- Minimum Irish Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent
For further details email [email protected]