Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Delivery of Commercial Management Services for individual projects
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
To provide assistance, support and advice on all commercial issues within the Project(s) to the Managing QS.
- Encourage and develop a culture of commercial awareness within the team.
- Ensure the site team adheres to group procedures and governance
- Development, motivation & performance management of junior staff
- Delegation of appropriate work to junior staff, whilst maintaining accountability
Commercial Service Delivery
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
- Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
- Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation.
- Ensure the correct site records are maintained.
- Implement a WBS structure to satisfy the Client & Contract requirements.
- Have an up to date Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s).
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc.
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
- Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained.
- Drafting of complex subcontract arrangement including professional services & appropriate terms of engagement.
- Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues.
- Maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans.
- Maintain / assist in the production of the margin improvement plan on the project.
- Assist in work winning duties as required, including technical writing for PQQ responses.
- Undertake any other work as required of you by your line manager
- Attend client engagement events for equivalent level customer feedback.
- Involvement in Business Improvement Initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics
- On route to being Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent.
- Full driving license.
- All roles are expected to have the relevant competency skills cards
- Commercially astute. Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard
- Methods of Measurement.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
- Programming techniques, project controls, risk analysis, contract admin, procurement, cost, claims.
- 5 years post qualification award.
- Knowledge and experience of Gas transmission and AGIs Frameworks
- Estimating and takeoffs
Excellent package + bonus + medical cover