Business Development Manager - Tech Sales
- Experis Ireland
- 02 Sep 2022
- 30 Sep 2022
- Cathy Foley
- Job Type
Business Development Manager
Location: Ireland -Dublin -Hybrid or Remote
Job type: Full time -Permanent
Sector: Information Technology
Experis are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join our Dublin-based client who deliver SAP ERP solutions to the SME sector in Ireland and the UK.
Now established as an SAP Gold Partner, our client is a leading vendor for SAP Business One and SAP Business ByDesign in the Irish market and has a growing presence in the UK. The Junior Software Engineer will play a part in meeting customer functionality requirements and maintaining the company's status within the SAP reseller community and hierarchy.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn these into increased business.
- Cold calling and other lead generation activity as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Leverage role holder's existing network to introduce new clients.
- Identify key influencers and decision makers within prospective client organizations.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches, working with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Liaise with technical colleagues throughout the sales process to ensure proposed products and services are technically fit for purpose. Ensure customer knowledge and understanding of the technical capacity and limits of the proposed product and services bundle.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Negotiate and close business agreements in line with mandated price and margin limits.
- Negotiate and agree contract terms and Service Level Agreements with all new clients as instructed by senior management.
- Liaise with the Client and Company Implementation teams through the entire solution implementation process up to final client acceptance and sign-off.
- Present an image consistent with the culture and values of the company.
Business Development Planning
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends and best practices through networking, industry media monitoring, attendance at industry events and conferences and other intelligence gathering activities as appropriate. Provide feedback and information on market and product trends.
- Participate with senior management in development of new services, products, and distribution channels in response to identified trends.
- Market launch of new products, services and distribution channels to generate increased sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit such reports as management may require in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system.
- Work with marketing resources to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Mentor non-sales customer facing staff on best practice in customer engagement and satisfaction.
Education and Experience
- Educated to degree level. Finance and/or IT qualifications a strong advantage.
- Strong computer literacy required.
- Experience in B2B sales required. Proven track record of target achievement in a similar market essential.
- Experience in Software sales and marketing, and specifically SAP Business One, SAP Business ByDesign or directly competing ERP products highly desirable.
- Must be an excellent face-to-face, written and telephone communicators, able to engage effectively with business partners and suppliers at all levels of seniority