CX Business Analyst
CX Business Analyst
As an Operations Manager in the Customer Experience (CX) organization, you will be a critical partner supporting senior leadership in the overall monitoring, managing and execution of our operational strategy.
You will play a crucial role in owning the global budget, driving forecasting cycles, evaluating resource investments and assessing the impact of planning activities across global teams.
Additionally you will assist in supporting analytical insights across the organization, creating data driven business cases for large scale investments, helping monitor success metric attainment and managing the end-to-end vendor management process for specific work efforts.
Your work will play a crucial part in ensuring the CX organization makes sound financial and strategic decisions that drive sustainable business growth.
You will be plugged into every facet of the business which requires a strong background in the budgeting/forecasting process, executive communication skills, deep analytical capabilities and a passion for process improvements.
- Own the CX global budget including forecasting and reporting activities, in close partnership with senior leadership and Finance.
- Re-engineer the way the budget is structured and develop views to support run-the-business activities.
- Run monthly budget reviews and understand impacts of shifts in the business to proactively assess where we are, highlight potential risks, and resolve any questions.
- Ensure CX team meets monthly/quarterly Finance deadlines, ensuring data accuracy in Finance reporting for decision making and providing insights into why actuals may differ from forecast.
- Collaborate with senior leadership and business partners in Finance on additional ad hoc budgeting asks as needed. With the CX leadership team, understand and articulate how investment strategies align with priorities.
- Work closely with senior leadership to forecast hiring needs and translate strategic initiatives into a multi-year operating budget. Support short-term and long-term expense/headcount forecasts.
- Support efficient processes including long-range planning, budgeting, forecasting, and resource allocation. Includes supporting CX leadership team through all strategic and operational planning cycles, clearly articulating priorities and corresponding people and dollar investments.
- Play a critical role in requesting, building and creating advanced analytics, delivering impactful and actionable insights that drive decision making.
- Build a business case process that looks holistically at investments, enabling the business to assess short and long term impacts.
- Build investment business cases, secure alignment, and provide leading indicators to leaders that ensure investments are on track. Ability to understand the impact of business cases on the overall budget and future forecasts.
- Run the end-to-end vendor management process for existing and net new clients that are onboarded into Dropbox for critical business needs. Activities will span the lifeycle and include onboarding, ISA/SOW and PO creation, ongoing monitoring of budget and owning all resourcing needs. This involves working closely with Procurement, Legal, HR and external vendors to ensure all steps are completed and all parties are aligned throughout the entire engagement.
- 6+ years of relevant Finance or Operations experience, with a background managing complex budgets in a fast growing tech environment
- Undergraduate degree required, along with understanding of global budgets, forecasts and contract/spend management
- Experience working with Finance teams meeting monthly and quarterly deadlines for accruals and forecasts
- Proficiency in modeling and analytics with the ability to swiftly and effectively translate ambiguity into succinct outputs
- Experience building successful operational end-to-end processes at global levels
- Highly analytical and structured thinker and have the ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions, and clearly communicate these recommendations to leadership
- Comfortable navigating spreadsheets and financial system dashboards
- Experience in all aspects of the vendor management lifecycle
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work independently to deliver accurate, high-quality outputs with minimal oversight
- Self starter who enthusiastically drives projects and tightly manages to deadlines
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Ability to build strong relationships and work cross functionally with stakeholders in a globally distributed team
- Knowledge of Software or SaaS industry preferred