Purpose of Role
We are currently seeking an Accounts Assistant to deliver all elements of Accounts Receivable/Payable role, process weekly wages and assist within the department as required.
REPORTING TO: Financial Controller
- Registering and costing all supplier invoices on a daily basis.
- Reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis.
- Monitor adherence to the company's Account payable, Purchase Order and payment procedures.
- Liaising with suppliers on invoice queries.
- Process monthly employee expense claims.
- Issue invoices or credit notes to clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Posting payments from debtors daily.
- Liaise with debtors as required and resolve any issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Reconcile the sales listing to the sales nominal on a weekly / monthly basis.
- Assist in the weekly reporting of debtor balances.
- Processing of weekly wages.
- Bank Reconciliations - prepared weekly/ monthly.
- Managing CWPS pension payment process.
- Maintaining a small fixed asset register.
- Assist in the month end close.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Qualified or part qualified accounting technician with 3+ years' experience in a busy office environment or 5+ years relevant experience.
- Construction industry experience is desirable but not required
- Team player
- Work on own initiative to a high standard
- Clearly communicate
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong Excel skills
A competitive remuneration package to include basic salary, pension and life assurance, health-care.