Warehouse Team Lead
7 days left
Responsible for day to day management of the warehousing, receiving, material handling and picking functions to enable the company to supply its customers with deliveries in a cost effective; quality focused and timely manner.
- Responsibility for goods inwards, ensuring that material is received and stored correctly and that the system accurately reflects the physical stock on hand. Adequate checking, labelling, safe storage and location management. Management and validation of certs of conformance as required for goods received and compliance to receiving procedures
- Oversee the efficient operation of the warehouse / logistics in the company (including goods inwards; production pick requirements and physical dispatch of finished goods). Drive initiatives for improved warehouse organisation and space utilisation.
- Completion of cycle counts/ physical inventory checks
- Supervision of 1-2 support staff for logistics; inventory control and yard maintenance activities
- Checks on fork-trucks, company vehicle and pallet trucks in line with requirements and communication of issues with EHS manager and through capture of dangerous situations. Racking inspection as required.
- Ensure external (yard and storage areas) are well maintained
- 5s activities in warehouse and storage areas.
- Management and control of packaging stocks (Kanban)
- Support and generation of continuous improvement initiatives and Lean activities in the receiving, picking and warehouse areas. Drive process improvements.
- Preparation & ongoing review of SOPs and risk assessments and communication of same.
- Backup for picking function for assembly area and timely escalation of issues.
- Any other tasks or projects as assigned
- Previous work experience of warehousing/receiving/ picking in a fast-paced Manufacturing environment. Formal training in warehousing/ inventory is desired.
- Hold a valid counterbalance forklift licence and full clean driving licence. Pallet stacker training desired.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft packages is required. Knowledge of SAP or other MRP system is an advantage
- Energetic with a strong awareness and adherence to good health & safety practices.
- Flexible team-player with positive attitude and enthusiasm to learn. Role may require occasional support outside of normal working hours.
- Attention to detail is critical with strong organisational & planning skills.
This role requires a high degree of physical mobility. Manual handling tasks are an integral part of this role with a requirement to lift and handle materials (boxed and bagged) from various heights in the warehouse. Some warehouse locations are accessed via stairs- conveyors are in place for transporting larger products up/down stairs.
Lifting equipment is available for heavier loads and manual handling training is mandatory at initial employment and defined intervals (generally every 3 years) thereafter. Operation of pallet trucks and stacker is required upon completion of training.
Movement of trolleys containing product as well as occasional bending/stooping will be encountered during packing tasks. Equipment is made available to assist where practical.
The nature of this role is such that standing for periods of time and lifting is involved.
Apply for Warehouse Team Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly