Scientific Customer Team Lead
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Scientific Customer Team Lead to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leeds. This is a full-time role to start ASAP for 6-12 months (maternity cover), working a 37.5-hour week. This role is paying between £26,000 - £28,000 per annum with up to 10% bonus, pro rata, depending on experience.
The Scientific Customer Team Lead will be responsible for supporting on the research and development of the new and improved deodorant and anti-perspirant products
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a close relationship with key client contacts to ensure delivery of SLA's and achievement of all contractual KPI's.
- You will have task management responsibility for the delivery team across the areas covered by the Statement of Works (SOW) agreement; supported by on-site operational team.
- Proactively identify service delivery performance issues & provide solutions.
- Ensure a professional relationship is maintained with the client and that best practice is followed under all circumstances.
- Manage changes to services, policies, procedures, and resources in order to satisfy legislation and to positively and flexibly meet business requirements.
- Maintain & produce accurate MI as required.
- Customer Relations - Develop key client customer relationships and Interaction with all client's functional managers
- Service Delivery - Provide strategic and tactical support to clients, along with Client service improvement initiatives and achievement of all Contract SLA's
- Management Information - Management information reporting as required
- Employee Health & Safety - Ensure that all direct reports adhere to the H&S policy/procedures
- Overall coordination of the SOW delivery team
- Conduct monthly reviews for direct reports
- Conduct annual appraisals for direct reports
- Support and provide guidance as required
- Development and Coaching of own team
- Providing proactive solutions to 'people' issues
Skills and Experience
- Scientific qualification at degree level or experience working within a scientific or lab environment is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self managing, detail conscious and tenacious
- Innovative, able to plan effectively with the drive to translate plans into actions
- Clear and open communication, Innovator, honest and approachable
- Embraces flexibility and change within the work place
- People Management skills, with previous experience of leading and managing a team would be desirable
- Working knowledge of Excel workbooks, spreadsheets & Power BI desirable
- Knowledge of Research & Development functions desirable