An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Engineering Manager to join our client, Ekaterra a leading global FMCG tea company. This is a full-time, permanent role, and will be based in Trafford Park, Manchester. Working Monday to Friday 7am - 3pm paying between £50,000k - £60,000k depending on experience.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of site Engineering at Trafford Park including responsibility for site infrastructure, site services and Innovation Engineering.
Main role is to head up the site Engineering operations across all shifts, delivering performance improvements though the development of processes and people. Direct reports include Maintenance Leader and T&I Leader.
Who we are…and what we do.
ekaterra is the world's largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. 'eka' is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while 'terra' represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, U/L. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that's opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
Your Key Tasks
- Develop, deploy and implement plans to ensure best utilisation of assets on the site as well as supervise and give guidance on the maintenance of such assets
- Manage the projects, overhauling and innovation budgets
- Working in partnership with Operations Manager to deliver the efficiencies of the plant
- Lead the innovation on site including adoption of European and global initiatives as appropriate
- Responsible for the teams that manage Projects, Innovation, infrastructure and site services
- Overall responsibility for Site Maintenance and Capital Projects Budget c 5m depending on capital projects
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces
- The Engineering Manager will have 2 x WL1 Leaders reporting directly in and a team of approximately 40 Engineering staff including apprentices, Shift Engineers, Maintenance engineers and project engineers.
Skills and Experience
- Engineering qualification - Degree level HNC/HND
- Experienced Engineering Manager /Head of Engineering, within FMCG environment is a requirement both in maintenance and projects
- Past manufacturing engineering experience in electrical and mechanical disciplines
- An experienced leader able to coach, influence and inspire
- A deep knowledge of maintenance systems is a requirement
- Experience of change management and comfortable working at pace
- Previous experience of Leading an Engineering function within a WCM/Lean/CI methodologies