Ruby on Rails Software Developer
Candidate must have valid visa to work in Ireland (Stamp 4/EU Passport)
Location: Ireland - Dublin (Hybrid)
Job type: Full time - Permanent
Salary: €40,00- €85,000 (Depending on experience)
Experis are recruiting for a Ruby on Rails Software Developer for our client based in Dublin. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a small company that are expanding their innovative team.
You will work closely with the CEO and make a real impact on the company. Our client is in the financial services, insurance, energy, and telecommunications industries.
What's on offer?
- Excellent pay
- Group pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Excellent culture
- Work flexibility
- Training & Upskilling - will sponsor courses & onsite training
- Utilize RoR, AWS, and MySQL to define, architect, and develop software solutions.
- Define solutions and quick wins in collaboration with the product team.
- Writing RoR code should follow best practices, keeping in mind the reusable modular code design.
- Perform code reviews and work with the team to adhere to the highest engineering standards
- Provide support for our clients platform in all areas of infrastructure, code, databases, and other services.
- Working with servers and serverless elements (such as Unix, SQS, and Lambda).
- Develop the overall application architecture in collaboration with the tech lead.
- Define solutions and BE/FE interactions while collaborating with front end engineers.
- Mentor junior engineers, sharing your knowledge and best practices.
- Computer science degree from a university or demonstrable experience with Test Driven Development, CI, and Github
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in Software Development
- Experience working with: Ruby, Rails, MySQL
- experience with infrastructure and the cloud (Preferably AWS)
- strong knowledge with application architecture (software/infrastructure)
- Unix source control and Git
- knowledge of test best practices, automated testing, and unit testing
- knowledge of software architecture and best practices for coding
- Good communication abilities
For more information, please send your CV to [email protected]