Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services.
- Qualifies suppliers according to company standards and may administer a Certified Supplier Program in receiving inspection to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Monitors parts from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle and communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur.
- Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) and quality standards are met.
- Evaluates suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback in assessment of their operation.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM:
- Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty.
- Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals.
- The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
- Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor. Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects / processes.
- Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
- Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
- Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties
- Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Analysis provided is in-depth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
- Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
- Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision-making.
- Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product .
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires a University Degree and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.