This role offers a chance to work in a state-of-the-art facility, in an innovative Biotechnology company with excellent career development opportunities and a clear and committed patient focus.
The Grifols Dublin site comprises of two state of the art buildings. Packaging, Logistics and Administration is in Building 1 with a new Purification and Aseptic Manufacturing facility in Building 2 for the blood protein albumin that is in its start-up phase.
The EHS Specialist will report to the GWWO EHS Lead. The position brings with it an exciting opportunity to progress into a management position in a relatively short period of time.
What your responsibilities will be
- Assist the EHS Lead in developing a robust Safety Management System that includes accreditation to ISO45001.
- Guide the Maintenance and Projects Department in day to day operations including Contractor Management, Permit to Work, Statutory Inspections, Construction Safety, CapEx etc.
- Assist in the execution of the EHS Training Matrix for all employees.
- Review proposed changes, new product introductions and other aspects of the Management of Change process.
- Lead the sites risk assessment programme; train and coach risk assessors in each area.
- Coordinate and guide the first aid team, the fire warden team, the spill response team, the Safety Committee and other teams that impact the EHS governance on site.
- Lead incident investigations and develop programmes to prevent reoccurrences, share learnings and provide EHS briefings to employees.
- Collate leading and lagging indicators to report to the Senior Management Team and Corporate EHS.
- Assist in the transition to a sustaining safety model for the site and continue the progress of developing a vibrant EHS culture on site.
- Conduct internal audits and safety walkabouts while coaching others in behavioural-based safety.
- Maintain the register of legislation and participate in relevant groups such as BioPharmaChem Ireland.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and develop programmes to bring about continual improvement.
- Assist in the execution of the Occupational Health and Wellbeing Programmes in association with the HR Department and Corporate EHS.
- Support and be actively involved in the development of the Emergency Preparedness and Crisis Management Plan.
- Support all Corporate Social Responsibility activities including the waste management programme, energy conservation, water conservation etc.
Who you are
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in a similar function
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence, lead teams and promote a team environment.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- Ability to understand the big picture and willingness to contribute.