What's in it for you?
- Basic salary £39,459
- Overtime available at time and a half/ double time on Sundays
- 5% Pension contributions
- Hours of work: Three-week rotating shift system. Day shift 6.00am - 6.15pm, Night Shift 6.00pm - 6.15am Monday - Friday on average 40.833 hours per week - No weekends
- Respond to servicing, repairing, and maintaining the machinery across the site in line with the Preventative Maintenance programme.
- Use engineering maintenance database (Shire System) for all recording and scheduling of engineering works
- Attend to breakdowns across the site as and when required, in a timely manner.
- Be available, as and when required, on call to attend to urgent breakdowns
- Assist in installations of new machinery or relocation of existing machines across the site.
- Be involved in the Near Miss programme and actively support and encourage your team members in the identification and close out of any near misses
- Undertake any other activity appropriate to your role as a Shift Maintenance Engineer.
- Ensure an efficient handover to the following shift to ensure smooth continuous production of jobs.
- Ensuring that the area, equipment, and machinery are kept clean and tidy and in accordance with the relevant procedures during shift.
- Report machine breakdowns to the Shift Manager / Coordinator as soon as possible after they occur.
The Ideal Candidate will have
- Good electrical and/or mechanical skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment essential
- PIC fault finding experience
- Mechanical machine repair experience
- Ability to work flexibly to suit the needs of the business
- Experience of a print environment advantageous but not essential
- Flexible to accommodate the working shift pattern and work overtime when available
- Knowledge of Windmoller & Holscher print machines and advantageous but not essential