Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards, protocol and material specifications for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Aids in implementing methods and procedures for inspecting components.
- Designs or specifies inspections and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to determine the responsibility for materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- May specialize in the areas of incoming material.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires a University Degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM:
- Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty.
- Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals.
- The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
Established and productive individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments.
Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments. Contributes to the completion of project milestones . May have some involvement in cross functional assignments.
Innovation and Complexity:
Problems and issues faced are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues or other job areas but typically are not complex . Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
Communication and Influence:
Communicates primarily and frequently with internal contacts . External interactions are less complex or problem solving in nature. Contacts others to share information, status, needs and issues in order to inform, gain input, and support decision-making.
Leadership and Talent Management:
May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and / or employee in Support Career Stream.