Our client is a leading supplier of hardware, homewares and fashion with 12 retail stores nationwide, providing customers with quality, competitively priced products & unrivalled service.
We are seeking to hire an experienced Store Manager for their Kilkenny store.
The Store Manager, reporting to the Directors, will have ultimate responsibility for the financial, commercial, operational decisions and performance of the business.
- To provide direction, support and development to ensure the store objectives are met and continuously improved upon.
- Creating a positive working environment
- To develop your management team to the most efficient levels possible and delegate real responsibilities to them in specific areas of the store.
- To run Shifts and take overall responsibility for the operational running of the store
- To analyse and track the volume of sales and profit of the site and make recommendations to ensure the sales volume and profitability targets are met.
- To be responsible for the completion of the business controls and procedures
- To maintain a constant awareness of all areas of the business within the store, and become acutely aware of any changes in trading in the immediate area around your store. Make yourself aware of economic and social changes, development of community programmes and other similar influences on the site's sales potential.
- To ensure that all complaints are dealt with immediately, promptly and efficiently.
- This list is not exhaustive with regard to your managerial responsibilities
- Ensure store is merchandised in a customer friendly and competitive manner ensuring compliance with company procedures and guidelines
- Ensure housekeeping in the store is maintained at an optimum level
- Co-ordinate in-store sales and promotions
- To communicate with retail sales team regarding in-store sales and promotions
- To ensure the appropriate cash register and cash handling policy is adhered to
- Adherence to all company policies & procedures, Health & Safety procedures and reporting of any hazards to the Store Management.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Are you a strong leader with excellent sales development skills and a Retail Management background?
- Do you have a track record in managing, motivating and developing a large diverse team?
- The successful candidate ideally should have at least 5 years-experience in a general manager position.
In addition to these key requirements the ideal candidate must:
- Demonstrate the drive to achieve real results.
- Motivate self and colleagues and inspire the highest standards.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Display superior customer service skills.
- Hard working and dedicated ethos.