Maintenance Automation Engineer
The Maintenance Automation Engineer will report directly to the GWWO Maintenance Manager. The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the day to day functionality of all GWWO automated systems in the GWWO Manufacturing and Packaging facilities in the Grange castle plant.
The Automation Engineer will utilize technology to improve, streamline and automate the manufacturing process. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, implementation, and monitoring of such technologies.
Due to the broad spectrum of technologies and processes that are involved with this role candidates must be extremely eager to learn and willing to 'step outside' of the normal thinking processes and show drive and motivation to excel in what can be a challenging but very rewarding role.
A desire to learn, attention to detail and a strong work ethic will typify the ideal candidate.
- Lead the Automated systems project for the New Albumin purification and Filling facility
- Develop and maintain the SOP's related to the associated Automated systems
- Lead and support the development of all necessary support system documentation related to the Automation systems.
- Support the Validation of the Automated systems designed specifically for the Manufacturing process
- Proactively provide technical support to the manufacturing operations department in order to ensure that the Automated systems are implemented and can be operated and supported within the Grange castle facility
- Provide technical lead support for requirements for understanding and implementing the MES, SAP and other related systems
- Ensuring that the Automated systems are maintained in a validated condition and associated documentation.
- Require active and engaged participation in the site tier processes (routine operations support processes) as well as supporting a culture of continuous improvement at the site.
- Responsible for the delivery of Automation and Control Systems from the beginning (design) right the way through to the end (commissioning and validation) and all the phases of the project.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Self-motivated with an ability to efficiently deliver on the requirements of a dynamic work environment
- Ability to train existing maintenance technicians on systems for prolific use and understanding of the systems
- Relevant third level qualification(s) such as BSc in Computer Science, BEng in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or BEng in Automation
- 3-5 years' experience in a regulated working environment such as Pharmaceutical or Food manufacturing industries.
- Experience in implementing automation projects in Siemens Step7 and/or TIA Portal Step7 and/or AB Studio 5000 PLC Programming languages (LAD/SCL)
- Experience in implementing SCADA or HMI projects in any of the market leading software packages (SIMATIC WinCC, FactoryTalk View, Wonderware or Zenon)
- Database experience, such as MS SQL Server.
- A working knowledge of a CAD design package is advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to work collaboratively with multiple disciplines including in house Engineering, Operations, Quality and Product Development, partners, and contractors, as well as customer IT and Operations groups.
- Excellent understanding of GAMP
- Excellent understanding of electrical schematic drawings and P&ID's.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues
Apply for Automation Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly