Transport Planner (Dayshift)
We are looking to recruit a Day Shift Transport Planner to join our client's team in Dublin. This role will require a professional individual who is highly organised, with great attention to detail and has experience of working in the logistics & warehousing sector.
Sunday 8am - 6pm
Monday 6.30am - 4.30pm
Tuesday 6.30am - 4.30pm
Wednesday 6.30am - 4.30pm
Thursday 6.30am - 4.30pm
- Assign customer sales to transport in the most cost effective and efficient way to make a delivery.
- Plan and assign SORs to drivers and confirm booking dates.
- Strive to ensure that all delivery requests are met for all customers.
- Maintain driver, and customer relationships.
- Create reports and delivery schedules for customers and different departments.
- Liaise and communicate with Customer Services and Sales to identify issues that may affect the agreed delivery time, in order to keep the customer updated.
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure that accurate order information is obtained before a delivery is scheduled.
- Ensure self-management of workload and multitask by communicating with customers across different communication platforms.
- Maintain files and records and provide quick accurate information when required.
- Work to a high standard and take responsibility for delivering all expected tasks.
- Meet targets and deadlines to the required standards and within agreed time frames.
- Show initiative, act with confidence, and show ability to work under own direction.
- Demonstrate commitment to the company values.
- Ensure good relations and communications with all members of the company and provide excellent customer care in an efficient manner. ·
- Continue to identify ways in which further improvements to performance and service delivery can be made to our customers.
- Recent experience within a Transport Planner position or similar industry.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK and Ireland.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of business.
- Have high level IT skills as the complete operation is digital.
- Good Knowledge of transport legislation
- Good time keeping and being able to work in a structured manner adhering to timetable requirements.
- Problem solving ability.
- Flexible attitude to working hours & shift patterns to support the needs of the business.
- Sunday - Thursday, Day shift.
- Salary €35K - €45K depending on experience.
- Additional Annual Leave (Service Based).
- Life & death in service insurance.
- Certified Training Courses.
- Career progression.
- Additional Company Benefits.
- Additional leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking