Senior R&D Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Location: Hybrid Role, Galway - Role will be largely remote but the candidate will be expected to be onsite from time to time.
About the role:
- We are looking for a technical expert, supporting Released Product Engineering across the Global CRDN portfolio
- Provide engineering design expertise and technical leadership to cross functional project teams in critically assessing the potential design impact associated with operations & sourcing product changes including manufacturing continuity & cost down initiatives.
- Direct involvement in extending the product life in existing markets as well as supporting new geographies and developing markets.
- Involved in making sure our products are maintained through the full product lifecycle and that these products comply with evolving global standards.
- Support the introduction/implementation of product/process/materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation and understand and operate to departmental and company quality procedures.
- Support department goals and initiatives as part of the R&D Released Product Engineering team.
Key Skills & Experience
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Bio- Medical or related discipline with minimum 2 years relevant experience.
- Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
- We are looking for individuals with experience in biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical device design procedures.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM:
- Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty.
- Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals.
- The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
- Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor.
- Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects / processes.
- Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
- Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
Innovation and Complexity:
- Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties .
- Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Analysis provided is indepth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
Communication and Influence:
- Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
- Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision making.
Leadership and Talent Management:
- May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires a University Degree and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.