Infrastructure Security Engineer
Our client is a leader who has continuously ranked at the top of their industry in the Irish & European market.
Their policy is that they truthfully invest in their people and in building a supportive and friendly work culture. The role they are looking to fill is within the infrastructure team and it is dedicated to cloud-based migration. It is an active, hands-on type of role with touches of compliance and audit.
This is a hybrid-based role in the Dublin City Centre area.
What is on offer?
- Salary €80k DOE
- Health care & Pension
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishing technical security and information protection controls and processes
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain the firms cloud security posture management
- Create and maintain Cloud security strategies, policies, procedures, change configurations and documentation
- Manage and be the point of contact for the third party managed SOC service
- Be responsible for and manage the full Microsoft Defender suite of products in an E5 environment
- Evaluate Azure cloud and hybrid security services, tools, and appliances in the areas of (but not limited to): Internet access, email systems, cloud security posture management, vuln detection, triage and remediation, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention and quarantine
- Be the security point of contact and escalation for all security related technical matters, issues and alerts
- Continuously improve the security posture of the firms IT systems and keep abreast of current security threats and developments that could impact the firm's security posture
- Respond to security incidents
- Manage corporate SIEM/SOAR environment
- Aptitude in solving sophisticated technical challenges
- Proactively identifies and investigates potential issues in security controls
- Participate in regular Infrastructure on-call rotation for business critical out of hours support and response
- Continuously evolve and identify opportunities to improve IT systems, processes and procedures in line with current recommended industry practices
- Continue to develop your skills on the job through mentoring and planned self-directed training (ESI program)
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 5 years IT Infrastructure Engineering experience with a large Windows based on-prem and Microsoft Cloud environment
- With 2-3 years' experience in IT Infrastructure security
- Hands-on experience with M365 environment and Defender suite of products
- Experience managing an enterprise SIEM/SOAR (preferably Sentinel) solutions
- Strong understanding of Azure monitoring capabilities and setup rule-based alerts with response procedures
- Comfortable automating processes start to finish and can work closely with cloud engineering, third parties and application development teams to help integrate security into their existing processes
- Experience implementing security at design for architecture and new solutions
- Experience creating security documentation, audits (ISO27001) and technical process documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
If you are an infrastructure superstar and you have an affinity for implementation and management of security controls for identity and data, then this might be the role for you.
For further information give me a call on +353 1 6455255 or send me an email at [email protected]