Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer - Implementations
Location: Ireland - Dublin - Hybrid - 2 days a week in office
Job type: Full time - Permanent
Salary: up to €120,000
Sector and subsector: Information Technology - Insurance
What can you expect?
My Client is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of Risk, Strategy and People. They're undertaking a major transformational initiative that will change how essential financial services are delivered to consumers worldwide.
The Digital Insurance Platform programme will deliver a completely new SaaS offering based on a microservices framework of reusable components to enable the rapid and low-cost delivery of insurance solutions on a global scale.
They are now building the Technical Leadership Team in Dublin to establish the architectural & engineering standards, best practices, and processes that will guide the scaled development of the Platform and are seeking a Principal Software Engineer (Implementations), based in their Innovation Centre in Dublin city centre, to be a technical lead for the global team engaged in the development and implementation of this exciting new green field strategic technology platform.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to lead and shape this critical technology initiative, working with senior colleagues around the world to deliver a large-scale Platform that will transform our business.
What you will be rewarded with:
- Our employees enjoy excellent benefits such as:
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Up to 12% pension contribution
- Healthcare cover
- Study Support
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sports & Social clubs/Wellness Programme
- Paid annual leave and ability to purchase additional leave days
- Travel ticket/bike to work/dental are optional
- Subsidised canteen
- 35 hour working week
We will count on you to:
- Provide technical leadership to the distributed technology teams implementing for customers on the Digital Insurance Platform; including providing technical direction and guidance to multiple scrum teams and more junior team members.
- Shape and drive the technical development of the platform based on customer needs, including technology evaluation and selection, conducting proof of concepts and technical spikes, and leading solution architecture to solve for the unique challenges arising from implementing a platform to deliver to a variety of customers.
- Help define and ensure adherence to technology standards, agreed architecture, and engineering best practices, across the platform and implementation teams
- Act as the ultimate escalation point for a team of engineers engaged in delivering platform services to customers. Provide structured guidance and feedback to core service development teams and help shape the development of services to meet a variety of use cases.
- Drive a culture of quality and shift-left across the platform teams; championing DevOps principles and practices, helping teams to adopt a mindset of continuous improvement, and ensuring security, reliability, scalability, and performance of solutions is a given.
- Work with senior business and technology stakeholders across the world to translate business needs into solutions that drive value.
- Get involved in building the team from the ground up; helping to define roles & resourcing needs, and evaluating & selecting candidates for key engineering positions.
What you need to have:
- Significant experience in implementing and delivering microservice based systems to production, in a containerised and cloud first environment, with a focus across the full-stack of modern web application technologies.
- Experience of modern application architectures and in environments and cultures focused on achieving a very high degree of re-use.
- Strong understanding of SaaS technologies and architectures.
- Experience of software development methods including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD
- Agile/incremental mindset for system design.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organisation with distributed teams from different cultures.
What makes you stand out:
- Your proven track record in engineering thought leadership and in delivering new, world-class technology platforms with a strong customer focus.
- You're a natural leader - someone that other engineers want to work with.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable working in a distributed environment, with an ability to form great working relationships across teams, locations, and time zones.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other less represented groups tend to only apply when they check every box.
So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on what is needed, please still get in touch.
Candidates must have EU Citizenship or stamp1G or stamp4.