Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
- Salary: €30,000 -€32,000
- Location: Waterford/Tipperary (Flexible)
- Job type: Full time - Permanent
Experis are currently recruiting a Field Service Engineer for a client who is one of Ireland's most innovative managed IT providers.
The field service engineer will have vast experience in all the most common and popular end user and IT Infrastructure issues and technologies, as well as some of the more mature ones.
In addition to strong technical aptitudes, backed by at least 2+ years of hard core in the trenches experience, this person is a powerful communicator and a person who can manage well when the client is in a pickle and needs guidance.
This person should be prompt, know the importance of communicating to clients, and the importance of maximising first time fix resolution.
This is a field-based role and will involve travel to different client sites.
- Troubleshoot PC related problems
- Build, configuring and troubleshoot PC and laptop applications and hardware components.
- Facilitate a warranty repair with the relevant hardware vendor.
- Perform ad-hoc deployment and/or on-site installation of workstation hardware and/or software.
- Perform coordination of workstation asset recovery.
- Maintenance of workstation/workstation spare parts break/fix, upgrades and new hires.
- Complete incidents and requests within SLA in pressurised environment.
- Ensure tickets are updated daily.
- Support meeting room environment and video conferencing, as needed.
- Support printers, scanners and other peripherals.
- Support mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones.
- Support of Apple MAC devices.
- End-User Data back-up and restoration, as needed
- Learning (and sharing) new skills through independent research, formal training, and industry events.
- Full clean Irish drivers' license
- Technical certifications such as CompTIA A+ (901,902) and CompTIA N, Microsoft, Cisco etc
- 1-2 years of experience in Windows system administration
- 1-2 years network/server experience with technical support and troubleshooting abilities.
- Server and Client Operating System / Software Installation, Setup, Management,
- PC, printer, and Server Hardware
- Fortinet firewalls
- 1-2 years' Experience in LAN/WAN environments with responsibility for maintaining network services, security & administration.
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Excellent administration, communication, and organisational skills
- Mobile phone
- Tool kit
- Growth through training, upskilling and internal progression