About the Opportunity
The function of this position is to provide QC Chemistry support to other departments. This position also includes performing chemical testing following approved methodology to assure that the safety, quality, purity and stability of the products and in-process stages are in compliance with approved specifications.
The QC chemistry team is highly flexible and provides cross functional support. This role allows opportunity to become highly skilled within the team and gain experience in all areas essential to the running of a Quality department.
- Provide chemical testing and support to the QC Chemistry and Manufacturing departments.
- Documentation review.
- Daily, weekly and monthly calibrations of equipment.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to QC Chemistry Team and external departments. In particular, close contact maintained with the Microbiology, Validation, Manufacturing, Planning and Quality Assurance.
- Execution of QCC testing (water sampling, water testing, TOC, conductivity, appearance, nitrates, swabs etc)
- Compliance with cGMP and Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives in the lab.
- QC Chemistry representation at cross functional meetings.
- Providing audit support as required.
- Supporting projects as required.
- Conduct duties in a safe manner and report all safety issues or concerns.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Degree in Science or related area ( e.g. Pharmacy, Chemistry or Biochemistry)
- Excellent communication skills, natural influencer, and ability to work effectively in cross -functional teams
- Understands KPI's for the site
- Knowledge of quality management systems
- Be a motivated, ambitious and goal oriented individual.
It would be advantageous to have (but not essential)
- 1-2 years working within Quality departments in a GMP facility required, ideally part of which would be in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry
What Sanofi can offer you
- A role where you are instrumental to creating best practice and as the organisation grows, you can too.
- We offer a generous package including flexible benefits and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us.
- Parking available onsite.
- We have a highly subsidised restaurant with free tea and coffee.
- This is a full-time role and we support flexible working
- Clearly defined internal development processes and supportive managerial involvements ensure all employees have a robust development plan aligned to their goals.
- Leadership opportunity
About Sanofi Business Unit
The multiple national award-winning Sanofi Waterford biopharmaceutical and medical device campus is located in Waterford on Ireland's southeast coast.
Established in 2001 and now with more than 700 employees, the site has seen more than €600m invested in state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology. Diversification continues to bring new products to Waterford and the expanded site portfolio continues to create new opportunities.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences.
We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfil your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world.
Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we're not there to try to solve everybody's problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we are live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity
Apply for QC Chemist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly