QC Chemistry Analyst
QC Chemistry Analyst
Quality Control (QC) Chemistry Analyst is required for the purification and aseptic manufacturing plant at Grifols Worldwide Operations (GWWO), reporting to the QC Chemistry Supervisor.
This role offers a chance to work in a state of the art facility, in an innovative Biotechnology company with excellent career development opportunities and a clear and committed patient focus.
Reporting directly to the Quality Control (QC) Chemistry Supervisor of Grifols Worldwide Operations (GWWO).
What your responsibilities will be
- Carry out raw material, in-process and finished product chemistry and immunochemistry analysis
- In-process and finished product QC including protein and excipient analysis including analytical techniques such as Spectrophotometry, Immuno-electrophoresis, HPLC, GC, AA and Flame-photometry
- Raw material QC including Karl-Fischer, FT-IR and NIR techniques
- Ensure laboratory processes, equipment and services are installed, qualified and maintained appropriately
- Participate in the verification, validation and technical transfer of analytical testing procedures
- Ensure that all cGMP, company specifications and procedures are followed.
- Investigate Out of Specification (OOS) and Out of Trend (OOT) results as required
- Participate in and responsible for QC related CAPA's.
- Adhere to QC documentation system and prepare document change requests as required
- Develop, improve and implement QC procedures, processes and systems
- Support projects and continuous improvement initiatives within the Quality department and other functional areas
- Participate in international project teams relating to QC and wider quality activities and travel maybe required
- Adhere to safety standards to ensure a safe working environment while ensuring the laboratory is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Prepare for and support regulatory and internal inspections/audits
- Provide hands-on guidance and training when needed
- Ensures work area is maintained in a state of compliance and audit readiness
- Flexibility and willingness to carry out shift work when required
Who you are
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of a wide array of current analytical techniques including HPLC, Spectrophotometry and Electrophoresis.
- Knowledge of analytical instruments.
- Experience with investigating Out of Specification and Out of Trend
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or closely related scientific field.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of specific product analysis (e.g. IC, AA, GC, Flame-photometry and Kjeldahl techniques)
- Knowledge of raw material analysis (e.g. Karl-Fischer, FT-IR and NIR techniques)
- Experience with SAP
- Experience in method transfer and verification/validation
- Strong knowledge of analytical techniques for biologics or protein-based therapeutics
Information about Grifols is available at www.grifols.com. If you are interested in joining our company and you have what it takes for such an exciting position, then don't hesitate to apply!
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Grifols is an equal opportunity employer.
- Benefits package
- Contract of Employment: Permanent position