- Undisclosed Company
- Cambridgeshire, Chatteris
- £14 - £16 per hour
- 13 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Kelly Smith
- Job Type
Manpower is pleased to be recruiting Welder Fabricators for an immediate start.
PURPOSE & SCOPE
Working within the production team, you will weld and assemble metal components in accordance with the documentation supplied, and to the customers' requirements within specified tolerances, weld acceptance criteria and component finish using various welding methods.
Duties may include cutting and welding materials according to technical drawings. Additionally, you will be required to complete welder qualification testing in accordance with client requirements i.e., ISO 9606, ISO 14732, ASME IX, etc…
- To perform safe working practices
- Produce quality welding as required by the drawing/specification related to the contract
- Use necessary machinery to ensure items to be welded are suitable for welding (i.e., disc grinder to smooth out, etc…)
- Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment
- Work in accordance with instructions and procedures to make conforming welds
- Create specific weldment set-ups and fixturing to meet geometric requirements
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair welded parts and products according to engineering specification changes
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Prioritise workflow through effective communication with Team Leaders
- Strict time keeping and attendance.
- Ensure equipment and the surrounding areas are in a clean and acceptable condition. Maintain to a high standard the housekeeping levels in the workshop area.
- Ensure activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health & safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Self-development and attendance at training programmes to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Understanding and assist in enforcing The Company's Standards - why they exist and how work procedures and practices support best practice.
Education & Training
- Apprentice Trained or time served Fabricator/Welder with proven experience
- Basic computer navigation and utilisation skills preferred
- Specific technical or vocational training or certification preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to weld manually using both GMAW & GTAW processes.
- Robotic welding (advantageous)
- Experience in the use of overhead cranes would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in exotic materials such as: duplex and austenitic steels but not limited to
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing preferred
- Able to work from engineering drawings to geometric tolerances
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and use own initiative
- Exceptionally high personal standards with attention to detail - taking pride in the quality of your work
- Dependable, accountable and self-motivated
- Work in a team environment and respect others
- Manual handling competent
- General mechanical skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Satisfaction
- Relationship Building
- Results Driven
- Resilience & Adaptability
Rotating days and nights, rotation every 2 weeks.
Days: Monday to Thursday 07:00-17:30 Friday 07:00-13:00
Nights: Monday to Thursday 18:30-06:30
If the above sound like a great fit for you, please apply now!