7 days left
Our client is an international pharmaceutical company. Their manufacturing plant here in Ireland is home to over 500 employees.
The Infrastructure Engineer role would be part of a team that provides support to IT, laboratories and manufacturing systems and would report to the Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
This is an on-site role in Arklow, Co Wicklow.
What is on offer?
- Health care
- Pension Fund
- Flexitime system
- Paid Holidays
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working as part of the local infrastructure team and to provide 3rd level helpdesk support in areas of project delivery, outage coordination, troubleshooting of incidents and general infrastructure queries.
- Assists in infrastructure projects that may include but are not limited to network and server upgrades.
- Installing, configuring & managing GxP specialized PCs and related software applications.
- Assist in maintaining manufacturing-based site servers.
- Support locally managed applications and associated validation documentation.
- Provide on-going support for the technical requirements of business areas and head office.
- Ensure on-going compliance with company Quality Standards and Practices.
- Contacts vendors and contractors as needed.
- Trains users on IT Systems and Policies.
- Respond to, escalate/reassign, and close helpdesk tickets.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required.
- Support and troubleshooting of applications.
- Participate in the installation and maintenance of all new servers, ensuring that the installation adheres to strategic and security guidelines
- Responsible for producing and updating all relevant infrastructure documentation.
- Participate in monitoring for Network Faults, resolve where appropriate or escalate through the next levels of support and ultimately co-ordinate and document the resolution.
- Ensure there is effective management and monitoring of the Virtual environment, including the SAN (Storage Area Network) and other storage.
- Actively contribute to the definition and development of the site automation strategy to deliver the business and achieve the greatest impact for our key stakeholders
- Participate in the installation and maintenance of all new PCs, laptops and mobile devices, ensuring that the installation adheres to strategic and security guidelines as defined by SIS.
The Ideal Candidate:
- IT qualification (or similar), Level 8 Degree would be preferred with networking.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience supporting IT infrastructure is essential.
- Experience co-ordinating\delivering infrastructure projects
- VMware experience is desirable, such as vSphere, vSan technologies
- Windows Server 2008R2 - 2019 - best practice, security, administration and roles and features
- SCCM, Intune, SCOM
- Backup technologies supporting Veeam, Veritas etc.
- Good understanding of Networking & Firewalls protocols WAN, LAN, VPN, WLAN (Cisco/Meraki/HPE)
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 best practice in data protection
- Demonstrated track record as a critical thinker
- Good understanding of data integrity, 21 CFR Part 11 and GAMP requirements
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Candidates will be required to have excellent communication/interpersonal skills with the ability to work on their own initiative as well as in a team.
If you are an infrastructure superstar and you can work on deadlines and take over new projects with ease, then this might be the role for you. For further information send me an email at [email protected]
Apply for Infrastructure Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly