Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Undisclosed Company
- Cheshire, Warrington
- £55000 - £65000 per annum
- 19 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Ashraf Miah
- Job Type
Job Title: Principal Mechanical Engineer
Location: Warrington, UK - Hybrid - working from home options available
Compensation: £55,000 - £65,000 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 49117
Amplify your impact
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Principal Mechanical Engineer at our Dalton Avenue site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer role is within our Cavendish Nuclear business.
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
The difference our new Principal Mechanical Engineer will make
As a Principal Mechanical Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll provide technical advice and designs to our end client to double the capacity of their current UFO6 processing facility, with a view to having the improved plant fully operational by 2029.
Day to day, you'll supervise engineers/technical specialists and ensure technical management of the engineering output to ensure delivery of technical solutions in line with agreed technical scope. You'll produce, review, verify outputs including: calculations, analyses, technical Reports, technical specifications and method statements. You'll ensure that adequate review, verification and approval is undertaken on all their deliverables and for those under their direct control and supervision and you'll also ensure that procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with 3 days in the office/onsite and 2 days working from home (subject to project demands).
* Experience working on Process plant/ Plant layout in a high hazard environment. E.g Chemical plant or Oil &Gas industry.
* Significant experience reading/understanding P&ID's.
* Experience working to FEED (Front End Engineering Design)/Optioneering/Concept.
* Pipework design experience, including pipework supports and co-axial pipework
* Experience in specifying pipework routes, sample tapping lines, location of drain/condensate lines, valves, hotboxes, trace heating
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays. You also have the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Loyalty Recognition
* Profession membership subscriptions - Subscription fees for one relevant professional institute per person per annum.
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 27/01/2023