About the Opportunity
The function of this position is to provide microbiological support to other departments. This position also includes performing microbiological testing following approved methodology to assure that the safety, quality, purity and stability of the products, components and in-process stages follow approved specifications.
The microbiology team is highly flexible and provides cross functional support. This role allows opportunity to become highly skilled within the team and gain experience in all areas essential to the running of a microbiology department.
- Provide microbiological testing and support to the Microbiology and Manufacturing departments.
- Documentation review.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to QC Microbiology Team and external departments.
- Close contact maintained with the Microbiology, Validation, Manufacturing, Planning and Quality Assurance.
- Execution of QC-Micro testing (water sampling, water testing, growth promotion, identifications, Sterility testing, Environmental monitoring and plate reading.
- Compliance with cGMP and Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives in the lab.
- QC Micro representation at cross functional meetings.
- Providing audit support as required
- Supporting projects as required.
- Conduct duties in a safe manner and report all safety issues or concerns.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Degree in Science or related area (Microbiology, Pharmacy, Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, natural influencer, and ability to work effectively in cross -functional teams
- Understands KPI's for the site
- Knowledge of quality management systems
- Be a motivated, ambitious and goal oriented individual.
It would be advantageous to have (not essential)
- 2-3 years working within Microbiology in a GMP facility required, ideally part of which would be in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry
- Experience in performing plate reading, water testing, endotoxin testing, sterility testing, requalification's, or knowledge of use and maintenance of microbiological equipment.
What Sanofi can offer you
- A role where you are instrumental to creating best practice and as the organisation grows, you can too.
- We offer a generous package including flexible benefits and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us.
- Parking available onsite.
- We have a highly subsidised restaurant with free tea and coffee.
- This is a full-time role and we support flexible working.
- Clearly defined internal development processes and supportive managerial involvements ensure all employees have a robust development plan aligned to their goals.
- Leadership opportunity.
About Sanofi Business Unit
The multiple national award-winning Sanofi Waterford biopharmaceutical and medical device campus is located in Waterford on Ireland's southeast coast. Established in 2001 and now with more than 700 employees, the site has seen more than €600m invested in state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology. Diversification continues to bring new products to Waterford and the expanded site portfolio continues to create new opportunities.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences.
We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.