- Dublin, Dublin West
- Up to EUR25000 per annum
- 31 Jan 2023
- 14 Feb 2023
- Procurement Intern
- Ann Marie Corcoran
- Job Type
The Procurement Intern
The Procurement intern will support ongoing operations within the Procurement Department.
They will support the Procurement team in the execution of goals and objectives for the procurement function.
The Procurement team oversees purchasing all materials (packaging, consumables, chemicals, small tools, office equipment, PPE, services, etc.) required by the different functions within our facility and operations.
As an intern within this team, you will put your analytical and technical skills to the test to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that team provides to our internal customers.
- Managing material and vendor master data
- Engaging, developing, and enhancing interdepartmental communication within Grifols: Operations, Facilities, Maintenance, HR, Quality, Laboratory, etc.
- Support in implementing change, improving and/or developing new processes as required to provide better services to our internal customers.
- Collaborate for continual improvement in supplier service and costs
- Collaborate with the Procurement team in market/industry research to prepare pre-negotiation meetings
- Translate purchase requirements (PR) into Purchase Orders. Placing POs on SAP and follow up delivery dates with vendors
- Perform Supplier Order Confirmations in SAP ERP system
- Collaborate with Data Analytics. Collect, transform and analysis data to improve process or identify solutions for business problems. Submit reports to the team and if it's necessary make presentation of a topic.
- Pulling source information and updating price agreements/contracts on SAP.
- Develop template for price comparison and support the specialist in vendor selection.
- Support the update of Procurement documentation and processes where necessary
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated individuals who can collaborate in teams and be a self-starter.
- Not afraid to ask questions and be curious, with willingness to learn.
- Computer skills, Office 365, especially Excel.
- Highly focused, with an analytical mindset to find solutions for problems
- Open mindset to work with people from different culture backgrounds
- Problem solving
- Currently studying for a Business, International Business, Operations Management, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Pharmaceutical qualification
- Experience with cloud Platforms such as SharePoint, Teams, one drive, etc.
- Any other summer or intern experience is desirable but not mandatory