Modelling & Analysis Lead
Job Title: Modelling & Analysis Lead
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid - Working from home options available
Compensation: £53,020 - £59,298 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 46132
Creating change together
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Modelling & Analysis Lead at our Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Modelling & Analysis Lead role is based within our Submarine Support Engineering business area.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
The difference our new Modelling & Analysis Lead will make:
As a Modelling & Analysis Lead, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary; with this role residing in the strategic programming team within the Bristol based Submarine Support Engineering (SSE) organisation. You will be responsible for leading a team developing and operating business critical programme analytic capabilities and delivering analytic outputs for all levels of management.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for the leadership of a team and wider stakeholders to deliver SLTP analysis and conclusions, as well as conceptual development of data management, analytics, and analytic outputs.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role requires regular travel to Bristol on a weekly basis alongside home working arrangements.
* Demonstrable experience in complex modelling, data analysis and associated supporting tools/techniques.
* Experience with management of diverse direct or indirect teams to deliver outputs to senior stakeholders.
* Practical experience of modelling software languages such as Python or R.
* Skilled in utilising the power of MS Excel with visual basic.
* Relevant degree or relevant experience in lieu.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme - save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Employment development allowance - £125 per year
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.