Job Title: Networks and Infrastructure SME - RF Communications
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid - working from home options available
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 48494
Build the future
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Networks and Infrastructure SME - RF Communications at our Ashton Vale site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Networks and Infrastructure SME - RF Communications role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers' needs.
The difference our new Networks and Infrastructure SME - RF Communications will make
As a Networks and Infrastructure SME - RF Communications you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. As our company grows, we want to help and learn from each other in a supportive and relaxed environment with the main aim of delivering high quality products. You will work collaboratively in a team of multi discipline engineers, subject matter experts and the customer to mature and develop creative solutions for our current and future clients. You will use your knowledge to drive innovative solutions through the requirements analysis, design, build, integration, and acceptance phases.
Day to day, you'll provide Subject Matter Expertise in the fields of Telecommunications, secure IP communications, Networks, and compute platforms to design and in-service support teams. You'll be responsible for ensuring security compliance and maintenance of accreditation, oversee the creation of optimally compliant solutions in response to customer requirements, from concepts through to in-life support and also lead technical interactions with accreditors, customer, and Front-Line Commands.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with 1-2 days in the office/onsite and 3-4 days working from home.
* Demonstrable network and infrastructure system and solution design and delivery experience.
* Detailed knowledge of military standards and practices for networks and security.
* Data and Audio switching, MOD JSP604, Security by Design, WAN/LAN, VMWare, TDM
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
* Employee Share Plan
* Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
* STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.