Transport Planner in Galway
Progress your career with a leading provider of transportation and logistics solutions in Europe!
Our client, who offers transport services to customers across various industries, are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Transport Planner to join the team and contribute to their continued success.
As a Transport Planner, you will be responsible for designing and implementing transportation plans to optimize the movement of goods across Europe. You will work closely with both customers and carriers, and also organise drivers to ensure the efficient and cost-effective delivery of goods.
Shift 1 -- Tuesday - Saturday - 12-21.00
Shift 2 -- Sunday - Thursday - 12-21.00
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
Responsibilities and Duties
- schedule, organise and prioritise workloads for drivers
- Liaise with customers for job bookings and customer care
- Entering/Updating consignments onto the company IT systems
- Analyze transportation data to identify opportunities for optimization and cost savings
- Plan workload effectively and communicate work to drivers in an accurate and timely manner
- Asset management with a focus on efficiency
- A minimum of 2 Years' experience in a similar role
- Geographical knowledge of Ireland and UK
- Knowledge of driver's tachograph rules
- Must be a quick thinker and be able to work under pressure.
- Good communications skills on email and verbally
If you are a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual with a passion for transport, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity here or contact me @Luke Ryan on LinkedIn