Cyber Security Project Engineer
- Undisclosed Company
- Gaydon, Warwickshire
- Up to £50000 per annum
- 23 Mar 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Manpower UK
- Job Type
Project Engineer Cyber Security
Salary - circa £50k
Work type - Full Time - Permanent
Location - Gaydon, Warwickshire
To ensure that our products, processes and people are prepared for emerging cyber security risks. Working with our development engineers and suppliers you'll support the delivery of our vehicle cyber security strategy and the processes required to deliver it.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the creation and communication of the company's cyber security strategy for future products.
- Recommend and implement appropriate cyber security standards and processes.
- Act as a central source of knowledge on vehicle cyber security topics and collaborate with the wider business to support meeting relevant cyber security legislation and regulations within the defined programme timing.
- Maintain vehicle cyber security requirements specifications.
- Cascade requirements and monitor delivery across multiple commodity areas.
- Support the technical assessment of the impact of cyber security on components and negotiate solutions with system owners.
- Support technical suppliers who are delivering security related features to ensure compliant and timely delivery.
- Actively participate in the application of cyber security best practices to product development projects and programs.
- Assess future products for risks, develop mitigation plans, and support the implementation of these plans.
- Plan, specify and manage penetration test, performing example attack test in car.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of vehicle cyber security.
- Proven project delivery experience.
- Familiarity with automotive network architecture, modules, and protocols (CAN etc.).
- Familiarity with secure coding practices, processes, and methods.
- Experience with complex embedded systems (HW, SW and various operating systems).
- Systems engineering experience.
- Functional Safety experience.
- Penetration testing and tools experience.
- An engineering degree or relevant experience demonstrating degree level capability.
- Creates open communication within own team as well as cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Works with internal and external customers in mind, understanding their needs and anticipating their requirements.
- Ensures communication has a clear purpose, is factual, accurate, and provided at the right time.
- Takes ownership and delivers on objectives, work activities and behaviour, making informed decisions backed by data.
- Actively challenges self and others to stimulate creative thinking and continuous improvement.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.