Supplier Quality Senior Group Leader
- Undisclosed Company
- Warwickshire, Gaydon
- 23 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Manpower UK
- Job Type
Supplier Quality Senior Group Leader
Salary: Grade 9 58k-60k
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
The Supplier Quality department manage all aspects of quality including from design to production parts. The Plant Support team are in integral part of the Supplier Quality organisation and form the first responding unit on quality issues that affect production. The Senior Group Leader acts as a key communication link between Production, Supplier Quality Engineers and the External suppliers.
The Senior Group Leader will be responsible for leading a team of people across Gaydon and Wellesbourne sites. Responsible for the Supplier Quality plant support team including all aspects of rework actives and contact to key suppliers for resolving any issues and ensuring standard practices across all sites. You will manage the engagement with External Service Providers for both help with Sweeps, Containments, Controlled Shipping.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supplier quality issues are contained and driven back into the supply base for robust closure and that the status is communicated to the originator.
- Control plant sweeps and rework processes for supplier quality issues.
- Lead and support practical problem solving/root cause analysis activities for supplier quality issues to generate effective permanent corrective actions.
- Ensure SQAR's (Supplier Quality Action Reports) are raised and progressed with suppliers.
- Escalate issues and drive closure with supplier management.
- Prepare and analyse SPRS (Supplier Performance Rating System) data and use this to engage with poor performing suppliers.
- Facilitate plant sweeps and stock checks for all supplier responsible AMCPA issues and work with suppliers to close robustly to avoid repeat concerns.
- Ensure Hold, Reject and Scrap notes are processed in the required timescales.
- Ensure suppliers attend AML to review non-conforming parts so they can be processed.
- Organise rework of non-conforming parts or parts requiring rework due to engineering change.
- Produce and circulate daily Hotline report to ensure Hotline status is communicated.
- Ensure daily quality reviews are supported by the team so that feedback can be given on status of supplier quality issues.
- Communicate issues that require escalation to the Supplier Quality team.
- Prepare supplier quality and team performance data for monthly scorecard review.
- Review workstation safety for all technicians in their area of control. Ensure that defined processes and procedures are being followed for PPE compliance/COSHH/HAVS/Ergonomics and Safe Entry procedures.
- Review the reasons for non-production due to supplier quality are recorded and analysed in order that key issues can be defined and understood. Ensure that significant issues are tracked and that the appropriate escalation process is followed.
- Supervise Cost recovery process and support the supplier recharge process where a supplier is liable.
- Supplier Chargeback - both for Plant Quality issues and Warranty cost recovery through dealership chargeback through Aftersales.
- Daily reporting to Manager in team start up and one-to-one meetings and when issues arise, or feedback is required.
- Supervision of a team Senior engineers and Technical Hotline team, reporting to you daily in team start up and on-to-one meetings and when issues arise, or feedback is required.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of managing the supply base to deliver the quality processes Knowledge of Quality tools and techniques.
- Experienced problem solver.
- The ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver and thrive in an ever changing and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional team meetings to define clear improvement action plans and close-out in a timely manner.
- Skills in reliability and robustness engineering.
- Automotive problem-solving experience.
- High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques would be advantageous.
- High level of PC Skills is essential: use of all office software with emphasis on Excel, Word and Access is required.
- Ability to deal with external and internal contacts at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in teams of various sizes across all areas to be able to influence the successful delivery of the requirements of those teams.
- To act in a positive way with a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility to work incremental hours at short notice, if necessary, to ensure that the manufacturing build requirements can be achieved.
- There will be a certain level of handling parts and assemblies for inspection and review at times during build phases and root cause analysis.
- Degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or technical Qualifications advantage but not essential.
- Full driving licence is required.
- Travel within the UK required, time spent between three sites required.