Income Tax Preparer
- Manpower Ireland
- EUR35000.00 - EUR45000.00 per annum
- 23 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Mayowa Esan
- Job Type
Income Tax Preparer
Location: Ashbourne, Co.Meath
About the client
My client is one of Ireland's leading and fastest-growing professional service providers. Our client provides accounting, audit, and taxation services to businesses across Ireland. Our client has an excellent reputation for offering consultancy to different businesses.
They have a wide range of clients who operate in different industries such as Construction, Agribusiness, Hospitality, manufacturing, etc. Our client offers services like accounting & audit, strategic tax planning, revenue audit & investigation.
Why join us?
You will gain great exposure to clients across various industries. Our client offers excellent benefits, including hybrid working educational assistance, Exam and study leave, educational assistance, wedding leave, etc.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Managing and overseeing the operation of the income tax section of the tax department - liaising with clients.
- Ensuring that the payment and return filing deadlines are met for income tax clients
- Advising clients about the tax preparation process
- Manages communications from clients and tax authorities.
- Identifying tax problems and developing solutions.
- Help develop tax strategies to assist clients in being tax-compliant.
- Reviews various financial records like income statements, receipts of expenditures and previous tax returns to determine a strategy for preparing current returns.
- Corresponding with clients to get information on deductible expenses, allowances and taxable income.
- Verifies documentation that individuals prepared themselves to check for errors or miscalculations.
- Consults with the manager in regard to the proper fee to charge each customer for tax preparation services based on the complexity of each form and the amount of time required for the work.
- Continuously monitors developments in tax legislation.
- Inform management and staff of developments in tax legislation.
- Supervise trainees of the tax team to ensure that tax returns are completed correctly.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Carrying out other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- 3+ years of general tax/accounting practice experience
- Excellent knowledge of tax legislation
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Sage Taxpro
- Excel (Advanced preferable)
- DRIVE (Practice Management and client database)
- Virtual Cabinet (Document Management System)
- Microsoft Suite
If you are interested in these positions above, please feel free to apply now or send me an email at [email protected]