Programme Colour & Material Coordinator
- Undisclosed Company
- Warwickshire, Gaydon
- 29 Mar 2023
- 26 Apr 2023
- Manpower UK
- Job Type
Programme Colour & Material Coordinator
Job Title: Programme Colour & Material Coordinator
Salary: 40-50k , Full time permanent role
To work cross functionally within AML and externally with the supply base to coordinate the development and introduction of a broad range of colours and materials required for the development of new vehicle programmes; ensuring supplier and business alignment and highlighting any development or timing issues to the relevant teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in defining the Colour & Trim (C&T) content of programmes using a standard C&T Definition Document, working closely with Design (owners), Programme team, Product Marketing, Strategy & Planning, Product Development and other internal departments.
- Maintain a Colour & Trim tracking document to communicate development status, with inputs from Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Service, Design, Marketing, Quality, Supply, Supplier, Programme & Product Development.
- To request, pursue and collate testing plaques and parts, submit to the Lab and liaise with the Lab and suppliers regarding results, failures and passes. Initiate loops as required, with feedback to the relevant Designer.
- To order and track master sample plaques, including raising quotes and arranging sign off with Design and feedback to suppliers where required when changes are needed. Issue masters out around the business internally and externally to the supply base.
- Support Trim Development with trim & finish feasibility work for new materials where required.
- Project manage the sourced finish/trim supplier (in conjunction with the substrate owner where applicable) to deliver fully engineered materials meeting all AML engineering and programme targets to required timing, reporting progress as appropriate.
- Chair C&T PMST meetings, issuing out minutes and actions from each meeting
- Deliver communication sessions and presentations for new model C&T content where required
- Support programme, commodity and supplier PMSTs and programme Gateways where required from a C&T perspective
- Ensure the C&T specification of prototype vehicles is aligned with Design, Programme and Engineering requirements
- Liaise with Trim Development to ensure the trim material pattern development is completed to allow release timing to be achieved
- Create and roll out the Colour Feature Applicability List (CFAL) internally and externally to suppliers ensuring there is alignment on the applicable colour and materials available for the relevant model year
- Support Style Reviews with appropriate information (health status) to enable decision making. Ensure effective communication of any changes to the Launch and Manufacturing teams
Interface with the Quality department to ensure that the appearance approval request (AAR) and Mastering is delivered on an appropriate timescale to support programme objectives.
Paint Development Support
- Chair PMST meeting to track colour development from design development through to colour buy-off, prioritising workload where required, issuing out minutes and actions from each meeting
- Ensure the paint development process is followed and paints can be delivered within the required time frame, flagging any issues arising
- Organise and distribute masters of all colours to relevant business functions
- Ensure colour development and strategy is clearly communicated with and between Gaydon and St Athan
- Support new products & technologies DVP & line trials such as Primers & Clearcoat
- Support relevant cost down meetings
Organise Akzo Nobel work priorities relating to new paint colour development
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience within the automotive industry, preferably with exposure to new product development programmes, paint shop, interior trim and materials design and delivery
- Confident user of Microsoft Office tools, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of Product Development Processes
- Previous participation in PMST teams
- Continuous improvement methodologies, e.g., 5 Why, PDCA, 8D
- Negotiation / brokering solutions
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and quickly
- Passionate about the product; promoting pride throughout the business
- Able to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business
- Experienced project coordination skills or clear evidence of leadership ability
- Confident and authoritative presentation skills
- Excellent organisation and communication skills