Interim Head of Funds and Depo Legal EMEA
5 days left
- Manpower Ireland
- EUR65.00 - EUR70 per annum
- 12 May 2023
- 09 Jun 2023
- Aminat Ibrahim
- Financial Services and Banking, Legal
- Job Type
Interim Head of Funds and Depo Legal EMEA
We are currently recruiting for Interim Head of Funds and Depo Legal EMEA to work with our client based in the Banking industry. The role is Hybrid and based in Dublin.
This is a 6-month contract position extending to 12 months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing legal risk pertinent to the Depositary and Fund Services businesses, reporting into the EMEA Head of Custody and Fund Services Legal on all issues and points of concern relevant to these responsibilities.
Depositary Services: Trustee and Depositary Services to operators or promoters of collective investment schemes and other alternative investment funds pursuant to AIFMD / UCITS - with safekeeping, record keeping, cash flow monitoring and fund management oversight.
Funds Services: Global Fund Services is a key division of Investor Services which offers a full range of fund services for traditional and exchange traded funds, supporting multi-asset classes, including fund accounting, transfer agency, share class and portfolio hedging and other ancillary services.
- Provision of legal guidance and expertise to the Depositary & Fiduciary and Funds Businesses throughout Europe (with particular focus on Ireland, the UK and Luxembourg) on all product and product development matters including general advice and negotiation and drafting of transaction documentation, contracts and development of relevant templates.
- Manage day-to-day legal activities, serving as a subject matter expert in area of responsibility and provide senior advisory services to business partners
- Partnering with the Depositary & Fiduciary and Funds Businesses and the respective industry groups, individual regulators, ESMA and the European Commission to assess and implement new regulatory requirements.
- Assessing legal risk and reviewing policies and procedures and processing changes to mitigate risk.
- Advising the Depositary & Fiduciary and Funds Businesses on key legal/regulatory issues.
- Assisting the Depositary & Fiduciary and the Funds Businesses to implement new initiatives including assistance with new product approval processes and RFPs.
- Management of external counsel and relevant budgets.
- Supervision of direct reports within the Legal team.
- Technical legal research and analysis of regulations impacting the Depositary & Fiduciary and Funds Businesses advising on significant regulatory developments such as AIFMD and UCITS V.
- Specific UCITS/AIFMD regulatory and relevant transactional experience.
- Significant experience in private practice and/or in-house of drafting, structuring and negotiating fund related documentation.
- Broad knowledge of financial services legal and regulatory issues globally and detailed knowledge of fund legislation across the EU.
- Understanding of fiduciary aspects of the rules, in particular the management of conflicts of interest
- Excellent technical skills (including drafting skills), and analytical ability.
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to meet commercial objectives in a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (across different functions and locations) and to proactively take individual responsibility for projects.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong relationship management of key legal and business stakeholders. Credible in front of senior management.
- The successful candidate will be educated to degree standard and will have obtained an appropriate legal qualification.
- The successful candidate will be well versed in financial markets law and regulation, including in relation to EU funds law and key regulations such as UCITS/ AIFMD.
For more information about this role kindly contact Aminat Ibrahim on +353 1 645 5213 or [email protected]
Apply for Interim Head of Funds and Depo Legal EMEA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly