Senior Quality Technologist
4 days left
- Manpower Ireland
- Drogheda, Louth
- 15 May 2023
- 09 Jun 2023
- Louise Catherine Kelly
- Job Type
Senior Quality Technologist
My client is a world class food manufacturer based in Drogheda, Co Louth.
With a diverse portfolio of products and customers, they are seeking a Quality Technologist within an established team in an exciting fast-growing business that is transitioning from start-up to accelerated growth phase.
Previous experience in a similar role will be advantageous but not essential as training will be provided.
What's on offer?
- Strong remuneration package.
- A family-like environment, personality is huge for our client & they are renowned for being both collaborative & supportive.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a similar role within a food production environment.
- Relevant third level Food Science/Science qualification is a must.
- Good knowledge of food safety standards and quality management systems .
- Hands on experience dealing with GFSI and customer audits .
- Internal audit experience with appropriate qualification / certification (preferable).
- Experience with cross functional project management
- Have experience with retailer online technical and specification systems.
- Initiative and analytical problem solving.
- Collaborative and Team oriented, comfortable operating independently.
- Strong drive for results.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Good organisation skills with strong attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all products produced are of the highest safety and quality standards & in accordance with legal requirements and to agreed customer specifications.
- To ensure that all ingredients, raw materials and packaging meet legal and customers technical requirements.
- Lead implementing any updates to systems and procedures and support with retraining of staff where appropriate.
- Communicate with our customers to ensure that their requirements are understood and met.
- Complete and maintain internal and customer specifications.
- Complete and approve pack labelling information.
- Co-ordinate with production, hygiene and maintenance teams to ensure there is a continuous flow of information, ideas and actions.
- Carry out appropriate corrective actions, root cause analysis investigations, risk assessments and validations when required.
- Manage intake approval process of raw ingredients to site from a quality perspective e.g COA's etc.
- Supporting change through continuous improvement and food safety culture initiatives.
- Conduct internal, external and GMP audits to schedule and as required.
- Drive continuous improvement through review of internal findings and the implementation of new legislation, codes of practice and industry standards.
- Ensuring regular product assessments are completed to schedule.
- Work collaboratively with project and functional groups to develop and execute project plans.
- Own development, tracking and enforcement of appropriate GMP standards.
- Monitor and ensure quality standards are adhered to in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the production plant is maintained at the highest level of hygiene & fabrication.
- Suggest and assist in improving new and existing products/processes.
- Support and work alongside product development.
Call Louise on +353 1 6455216 or email [email protected]
Apply for Senior Quality Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly