This global leader in Insurance is recruiting a Data Engineer to join their Data Analytics team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dedicated analytics team working with multiple areas across the business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team in a market leading insurer. At this company, diversity and inclusion means empowering people to be 100% themselves at work. This role can be based in their Dublin or Belfast offices & their hybrid working model is a balance between the office & home, with the expectations of our teams working 2 days in the office /3 working from home.The area has the responsibility to deliver insights and data driven solutions for internal customers across multiple areas and focuses on Claims Analytics and main responsibilities will include:About The Role;
- Interact closely with data scientist to design and implement data-driven solutions.Automate and industrialise repetitive data integration steps, pre-cleaning data used by data scientists to prepare and apply machine learning models. Work closely with the business to understand their problems and operational needs. Gathering, interpreting and prioritising their requirements. Work closely with IT to identify, collect, explore and understand the data required to meet business needs. Work with transactional data coming from multiple integrated systems (Data warehouse, Legacy systems, third party operational systems, Api's) Solve data-related problems within the team and implement efficient data pipelines. Maintain data pipelines, measuring performance and ensuring good data quality in place by implementing adequate monitoring. Communicate clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audience.
About the person
- Hold a minimum degree+ in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Engineering or Mathematics 2-3 years of development experience in Data Engineering, Data science or ETL environment. Proficient in SQL development and dealing with relational databases.
- Knowledge of Python or R required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Team worker with responsibility & accountability for their own work.
- Experience working in an agile environment (Sprints,Kanban, code versioning)
- Good understanding of machine learning models and data science process (feature engineering, modelling, etc.) is a strong plus.
- Demonstrate a continuous appetite for learning new techniques, languages or tools.
- Detailed oriented, problem-solver and solution focused with proven ability to deliver, prioritising and organising work load.
- Able to apply analytical problem solving, make recommendations, and implement improvements continuously in a dynamic environment.
- Experience using APIs ( REST / SOAP )
- Experience extracting data from unstructured data sources (text, images, audio)
What they offer
One of the best things about joining this company is their rewards package. This insurer is appreciative of the people who work for them and their rewards package reflects that. You can expect to receive:
* Competitive salary with annual review
* Annual company & performance-based bonus
* Contributory pension scheme (up to 10% employer contributions)
* Life Assurance
* Generous annual leave plus Bank Holidays
* Employee discounts
* Education support and plenty of learning opportunities.
This company is proud to support the needs of their employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. They are therefore happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, should this be a requirement for you.
This company want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, they need the best talent to come and work for them. They look for candidates with the right skills and values to join them and selection is based on a fair and equal process. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will require employment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
They are proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
About the company
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? This company strives to lead the transformation of their industry. They are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so they can push their company - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in this industry - onto even greater things.