Network Security Engineer
This company is one of the fastest growing cloud solution providers in Europe! They specialise in enabling companies to progress along the path of cloud maturity, managing transformation and driving better outcomes from our customers' existing technology investments. In a few words, they take businesses to the cloud and back!
They have over 600 highly talented and supportive colleagues (and counting) across a number of regional offices in the UK, Benelux, Ireland & Malaysia. They are growing and their Enterprise Network Security Team is currently seeking a Network Security Engineer to join their team and provide support to their enterprise clients. The hired candidate will be responsible for network security professional services projects and managed network security support services for both new and existing customers across various industries, including finance, education, telecommunications, and the public sector.
They pride themselves on being Ireland's most proficient network security practice, offering exceptional technical expertise, professional and managed services, and advice to all their customers. Their goal is to deliver superior quality in every customer engagement, ensuring tangible benefits and results for their customers.
You will work as part of the Enterprise Network Security Team to:
- Design and Implement network security solutions based on the Fortinet Suite for our customers. Establish working relationships with our customers, understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service and interpret their needs and communicate ideas effectively with them often while working on time sensitive projects.
- Provide managed network security support to our customers, with the need sometimes for onsite support to our customers. Take ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve complex network problems including engaging third parties to jointly resolve in-depth network security issues where necessary.
- Have a proactive approach to work and be able manage your own workload and prioritising tasks while keeping a customer and security first principles.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience as a network security engineer.
- Installation, management and troubleshooting of Fortinet Suite of products.
- Hands on experience in network security technologies; NGFW Features, L2/L3 switching and routing.
- Technically proficient and ability to troubleshoot while maintaining and operating network security appliances and their associated services and applications
- Relevant Network Security Certifications (for example NSE4 or higher)
- Network Security issue diagnoses, troubleshooting, and resolution skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills written and oral, with a focus on the customer and business value. This includes both in-house and client liaison skills.
- Security first and security centric approach to Enterprise Network Security solutions and support.
- Team player - this position will involve working as part of a service delivery team and project teams as required.
- Ability to work in a fast pace growing environment, and be able to work on their own, taking responsibility and under limited supervision
- Be able to offer second-level on-call support on a rotating basis and possess transportation to reach data centers located within the Dublin region within the agreed upon SLA timeframe whilst on-call
- Ranked as one of Ireland's fastest growing technology company in the Deloitte Fast50 Awards
- VMware & Veeam top partner status
- This company is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity, equality, inclusion and belonging
- They recognise the value of internal mobility and encourage opportunities for internal development & progression
- Flexible working with a family friendly focus are at the core of our company values
What can you expect in return?
They believe in treating their team well so in addition to salary, we offer the following benefits:
- 25 Days annual leave (plus an extra day for your birthday!
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution, Income protection and death in service cover
- Laptop and mobile phone
- EAP and employee wellness programmes
- Work from home (or the office depending on your preference!)