Business Intelligence Developer
This FinTech company are currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Developer to join their team. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis with the opportunity to work from their offices based in Co. Kerry with flexibility to work a hybrid model.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer works collaboratively with end users to develop reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision-making. The BI Developer uses warehouse data to solve organisational problems through reports, analysis, and data visualization. The BI Developer will provide enterprise-wide data warehouse expertise with emphasis on data design, access, usage, security, and quality of information assets.
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Overseeing the ongoing development and operations of an operational data store and enterprise data warehouse.
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Overseeing the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Translate business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, and interface with company and client to ensure successful delivery of client reporting.
- Design, code, test, and document BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Produce and implement ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Define, Implement, and Setup of, Physical, Logical (business), and Presentation objects
- Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years direct work experience with one of the following BI reporting tools; Google Looker ,Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio,
- Minimum of 3 years direct work experience with one of the following Cloud data warehouse; Google BigQuery , Azure Synapse Analytics
- Strong Experience with relational databases, such as Oracle, Postgres, MS SQL Server and able to write complex SQL queries.
- Knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Knowledge of ETL tools , Google Dataflow, Spark, Hive , Ability to script with PLSQL
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential in order to train and coach multiple business areas
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This FinTech market leader is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to foster a work environment where their people are supported and encouraged to be themselves. They welcome applicants of all backgrounds and sections of society and each application is given fair consideration.