Business Intelligence Developer
- Experis Ireland
- 18 May 2023
- 15 Jun 2023
- Orlaith O'Mahony
- Job Type
Business Intelligence Developer
This FinTech company are currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Developer to join their team. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis with the opportunity to work from their offices based in Co. Kerry with flexibility to work a hybrid model.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer works collaboratively with end users to develop reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision-making. The BI Developer uses warehouse data to solve organisational problems through reports, analysis, and data visualization. The BI Developer will provide enterprise-wide data warehouse expertise with emphasis on data design, access, usage, security, and quality of information assets.
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Overseeing the ongoing development and operations of an operational data store and enterprise data warehouse.
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Overseeing the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Translate business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, and interface with company and client to ensure successful delivery of client reporting.
- Design, code, test, and document BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Produce and implement ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Define, Implement, and Setup of, Physical, Logical (business), and Presentation objects
- Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years direct work experience with one of the following BI reporting tools; Google Looker ,Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio,
- Minimum of 3 years direct work experience with one of the following Cloud data warehouse; Google BigQuery , Azure Synapse Analytics
- Strong Experience with relational databases, such as Oracle, Postgres, MS SQL Server and able to write complex SQL queries.
- Knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Knowledge of ETL tools , Google Dataflow, Spark, Hive , Ability to script with PLSQL
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential in order to train and coach multiple business areas
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This FinTech market leader is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to foster a work environment where their people are supported and encouraged to be themselves. They welcome applicants of all backgrounds and sections of society and each application is given fair consideration.
Apply for Business Intelligence Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly