Customer Business Manager
- Manpower Ireland
- EUR70000 - EUR72000 per annum
- 18 May 2023
- 31 May 2023
- Aamir Bafanda
- Manufacturing, Marketing and PR, Utilities
- Job Type
COMPANY: Unilever Ireland
JOB TITLE: Customer Business Manager
JOB TYPE: Contract (12 Months)
WORK MODE: Hybrid (2 days at the office)
Note: Please apply only if you are eligible to work full-time in Ireland.
The Customer Business Manager (CBM) is the Customer Development (CD) lead for 2 Business Units (Nutrition & IC or Home Care & BPC) and represents the viewpoints of CD and their customers in the Business Unit Team. They are responsible for building strong working relationships with the
customer buying teams; developing and executing customer business plans at a category level which deliver USG, Market Share and Profitability. The CBM leads a small team of Customer Account Managers (CAMs) and Trading Executives (TEs) and is responsible for their support and development as well as supporting the Channel Director. In conjunction with the CAMs, they are accountable for
the day to day contact with the customer buyers, supply chain, category strategy & planning (CSP), shopper marketing and brand managers.
Key focus areas for this role are:
* Love what you do: As a CBM you will be passionate about all aspects of leading your team and Business Units to competitive growth.
* Love your customer: You will lead the Customer/ Unilever relationship within your Business Units and categories - driving growth via strategic alignment and negotiation.
* Do what you say: Drive the JBP, executing the agreed plans setting up a strong ambition and agreement
* Own it: Leverage our brand assets and Cross Functional Team structure to deliver new and exciting innovation and activation.
* Be Different: The need for extensive commercial rigor in the assessment and implementation of our Growth Strategy.
* Develop and deliver the customer strategic business growth plan for relevant categories and the joint customer business plan, working closely with Category Managers and Shopper Marketing
* Build strong and sustainable customer relationships
* Manage Day to Day customer relationship for a specific cell & cover for CAMs when required
* Lead customer channel team with Account Manager(s) and Trading Executive(s) direct reports
* Is a key member of the Business Unit Team, ensuring the voice of the customer is at the heart of our business
* Negotiate effectively with your customer, e.g. to agree trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the UL strategy on their categories
* Manage the relationship aspects of key customer 'events', e.g. launching of new products, cost price changes, breaches of trade terms
* Develop and deliver an optimal integrated category promotional plan (including selling the plan with the customer)
* Manage promotional and non-promotional investments with the customer and ensures all agreements are properly documented and stored
* Work closely with Commercial Executives to ensure administrative aspects of promotions are completed
* Manage the launch of new products with customers, e.g. selling in the new product, providing samples etc
* Ensure effective in-store activation of key events (e.g. promotions, range reviews), providing clear briefings to the Retail Operations Team
* Manage the customer P&L for relevant categories and the overall level of customer investment. Ensure customer/business unit targets are met, risks mitigated and opportunities capitalized upon
* Lead in-month performance vs forecast, working closely with CSPs and CAMs
* Manage payment & cash via customers via internal systems
* Manage accruals and pricing accurately and efficiently
* Ensure customer is compliant with agreed trade terms; where these are breached seek a resolution and monitor implementation
* S&OP Forecasting
* Provision of clear up to date inputs into Business Processes (Promotional Evaluation, Customer Business Planning, sales updates, in store tracking, price claim management etc)
* Delivery of required admin for the customer - pricing, rebates, NLF, promo proposals, trade, terms, contracts
* Business Results
* Individual set of Objectives & Key Results (OKRs).
* Business fundamentals from customer category framework
* Team leadership and development
KEY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
* Customer management & selling essentials - must have 3-5 years experience
experience of performing a CAM role in FMCG.
* Team leadership or people management experience preferred
* Prior commercial experience and exposure to P&L
* Proven history of working within a team environment
* Highly data literate and digitally curious. D-Commerce experience/exposure preferred.
* Category Growth Management, Marketing or Net revenue Management experience a bonus
* Accountability & Responsibility
* Consumer and Customer Focus
* Bias for Action
* Building Talent and Teams
* Agility & Adaptability
For further details and interest in discussing further, reach out to me here or at [email protected]