Senior Model Based Developer
JOB TITLE: Senior Model Based Developer
LOCATION: Shannon, Ireland - Hybrid Working
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. This automotive company is already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. They're doing more than dream, they're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Senior Model Based Development Engineer you will be working within a fast-moving product development environment. Projects will vary from fast turn-around proof of concept, new and existing product design, prototype build, fault finding and test, through to review of legacy products and standardisation of design across product groups.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this role will include the design, development and delivery of in-house software modules, this will involve gathering requirements, analysis, controls strategy design, development and execution of the validation process and the associated simulation environments.
You will be required to work on the definition, design and implementation of the control software in an AUTOSAR compliant framework and the delivery of embedded control algorithms, diagnostics and base controller calibration.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Software development experience in Automotive or Aerospace domain
- Excellent first-principles understanding of control system design, engineering principles and the software development lifecycle
- Strong experience in control algorithm development using MathWorks toolchain (Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow) for real time applications
- Experience with auto code generation tools such as dSPACE TargetLink, Embedded Coder.
- Experience with AUTOSAR compliant framework in model-based environment
- Working experience in embedded software programming C or C++
- Experience in MIL, SIL and PIL testing
- Knowledge of automotive diagnostics and related tools (CANalyzer/CANoe, CANape, diagnostics tools etc.)
- Experience of component, system, vehicle level issue investigations and problem-solving mechanisms. (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc.)
- Knowledge of vehicle network communications (CAN, Flexray, LIN), ECUs and electronics
- Degree in Electronics, Software, Automotive / Aerospace engineering or similar, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of working in an Agile product development environment
- Knowledge of control theory
- Understanding of Autosar software architectures.
- Experience in applying systems engineering principles and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
- Experience in defining network communication requirements to support the deployment of body control systems
- knowledge of HIL test, vehicle test and rapid prototyping.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover.