JOB TITLE: Software Engineer in Test
LOCATION: Shannon, Ireland
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. This automtive company is already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. They're doing more than dream, they're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
A Software Engineer in Test with a passion for quality, and proven experience of automated software testing, is required for a variety of digital projects being delivered for this automotive company. They are looking for great engineers who have a passion for innovative problem solving, quality-first coding and practicing Continuous Integration.
- Would you thrive in an exciting, dynamic and creative start-up environment, but also enjoy the security, resources and influence of an established and successful organisation?
- Would you excel within a world-class and passionate team that loves what they do?
- Are you passionate about mentoring and sharing your skills with fellow developers?
You will form part of a collaborative, iterative and agile process in a multi-disciplined team helping deliver best in class digital solutions. This role provides a unique opportunity to help support and grow an entirely new software development capability within this automotive company.
You will work closely with other multi-disciplined engineers, as a valued member of the Global Digital Development Centre team, consistently delivering to challenging business objectives, with a focus on testability, robustness, security and performance for exciting new projects. You will work on real projects alongside experienced engineers and will be expected to advocate testing within a team as well as contributing to process improvements across testing.
- Define and implement testing for cloud systems, including platform and APIs in an Agile manner
- Implement testing and where required utilising automation tools
- Support issue investigation and resolution
- Work closely with the SRE team to develop strategies to meet required SLAs and SLOs
- Define testing quality stages and gates within the software development process
- Define and Implement testing and release process for cloud systems
- Implement tests stages in pipelines, testing tool configuration, and scripting where required to implement the test strategy and processes
- Set quality goals and measurables for the system, devise and ensure the system meets these goals
What you'll need
- Experienced in automated software testing in an agile and DevOps culture, with deep knowledge of the STLC and a real passion for quality
- Strong experience with tools such as Robot, Selenium, Post Man, Cypress or Puppeteer
- Experience with software quality tools such as SonarQube and frameworks
- Experienced advocate for practices such as Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Experience with modern CI/CD tools and techniques
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot or another OO language
- Experience working with observability and monitoring tools such as ELK, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with Microservices architectures, RESTful APIs and message queues
- Experience with source code management and version control (Git/GitHub/GitLab)
- Experience with Kubernetes or other cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover.