Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Ashton House, Bristol
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent or Contract
Role ID: SF50473
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Software Engineer at our Bristol site.
We are looking for someone who owns and delivers, who champions high performance and is courageous to challenge the status quo when we need to do better. If you are a proactive, results focused individual who wants to make a positive impact daily then this role may be right for you.
You will work as part of a team supporting our nation's key maritime assets and their ability to deliver missions successfully. The role will encompass software and hardware interfacing, combining both new design and compliance with existing interfaces.
Day to day, you will use software development tools for Issue Tracking, Configuration control and software unit testing. You will conduct software/system analysis and requirements gathering.
Essential experience of the Software Engineer
* You will have experience developing software that will be embedded into, and provide control over, complex control systems
* Understanding of and ability to perform Object-Oriented programming
* Coding skills in C#
* Experience with .NET framework and .NET Core
* Experience with version management and control (for example git)
This role is a hybrid role with 1-2 days per week based in the office at Ashton House,
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS and eventually SC security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.